Premed 101 Forums

37 minutes ago, NothingButNetters said:

Are any new students (who were not precious UBC students) having any issues with accessing the form to create a UBC Card from the website?

When I try to login using my CWL, it says my access to this form is denied. (Yes, I have registered for courses).

The email and phone number that is listed to the One Card website isn’t connected to any human contacts. 

It seems like access starts mid-July!  So at that time, you can apply for a student card :) .

1 hour ago, pyridoxal-phosphate said:

Thanks for checking! :)

Curious about something if anyone has any insight. If you have previously attended UBC for other coursework, are you supposed to get a new card for your new program, or can you just click "renew" on the website?

Only my previous program seems to show up so far. 

If your previous UBC card has not expired, you can just keep that one. At least in the past, they wouldn’t let you renew an active card on the website until it was close to expiry. The program doesn’t matter, as the cards just say ‘undergraduate’ or ‘graduate’ on them depending on your program and no one actually cares what it says. If your card has expired, you can just renew it.

If having the correct program matters to you, I believe you can still take the old card into the UBC carding office and get it swapped for a new one. Just don’t throw out your old card and show up asking for a new one - they’ll charge you to replace the active one (even if you haven’t been a student for a year, which happened to me).

On 7/16/2019 at 7:53 AM, frenchpress said:

If your previous UBC card has not expired, you can just keep that one. At least in the past, they wouldn’t let you renew an active card on the website until it was close to expiry. The program doesn’t matter, as the cards just say ‘undergraduate’ or ‘graduate’ on them depending on your program and no one actually cares what it says. If your card has expired, you can just renew it.

If having the correct program matters to you, I believe you can still take the old card into the UBC carding offing and get it swapped for a new one. Just don’t throw out your old card and show up asking for a new one - they’ll charge you to replace the active one (even if you haven’t been a student for a year, which happened to me).