Premed 101 Forums

How is the MCAT viewed at MUN for IP students?

• 1 month later...

Personally, I would imagine that the balanced MCAT score would be viewed more favourably. Not that balance stands out as being particularly good, but a bad score in one section does stand out as being particularly poor. It might raise doubts/concerns about one's ability to perform in an area that is deemed "critical" by the admissions community, whether or not those worries are justified. 

3 hours ago, WunderBar said:

Personally, I would imagine that the balanced MCAT score would be viewed more favourably. Not that balance stands out as being particularly good, but a bad score in one section does stand out as being particularly poor. It might raise doubts/concerns about one's ability to perform in an area that is deemed "critical" by the admissions community, whether or not those worries are justified. 

Thanks for the response! Just got my score back the other day and I think I’ve got a decently balanced score, hopefully it won’t be a problem :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, Kidbuu said:

Hey I was just wondering how a 124 in cars looks? I really wasn’t on my game when I was writing the MCAT, but scored well in the other sections.

IP or OOP? If you're OOP you'll be disqualified, but if you're IP (from NL, NB or PEI) I think you're okay! I talked to a guy I know that spent some time on adcoms a couple of days ago and allegedly MUN isn't big on the MCAT unless it's quite low. I know some people that had a 124 in a section and got in!

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, wowzers1 said:

Anyone hear of people getting in with a 123 in the CARS section?

My understanding is that MUN stressed CARS less than other schools. I don't know this person's score in individual section but I know someone who got in with 493. They do use a hollistic approach so as long as you are well rounded overall or stand out in someway you should be good :)