Premed 101 Forums

Best Cell Phone and Home Internet Plans

Hey,

For home internet you should be seeing some student offers coming from your local providers soon, so you should keep an eye out for that. 

For cellphone plans, I would recommend you looking into the CMA or the like organizations, they usually offer their members exclusive cell plans that are at a discounted rate. From a quick google search, CMA is now getting their plans from Telus (Top 3 Carrier in Canada, so you should be fine pretty much anywhere you see a Tim Hortons) https://www.cma.ca/telus

Hope that helped.

6 hours ago, Redberries said:

Hey guys,

I am planning on getting a new home internet and cell phone plan in the Fall. I was wondering whether anyone knows of any good deals? Also, which carriers work best in the Vancouver area? Thank you!

For mobile, The doctors of BC plans are discounted TELUS plans, but still on the expensive side. Koodo and Fido are owned by Telus / Rogers and run on their networks respectively - they have basically the exact same coverage but usually a much better monthly price, particularly if you’re bringing your own device. I’d look there first to see if they meet your needs before going to the big 3.

For Internet, if you have the luxury of living on a building with NOVUS that’s the way to go. For everyone else, you can get a pretty good deal with Shaw and TELUS as a student - the plans should be available now, just call them up and ask.