Premed 101 Forums

Average Entering Age for Canadian PharmD Students?

This question is for anyone in any of the ten Canadian pharmacy schools to answer:

What is the average (rough estimate if no exact stats are given) entering age of your class? I would assume, maybe incorrectly, that's it's somewhere around 21/22 years old, as lots of students have almost or already completed a degree before being successfully admitted into pharmacy school?

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2019 at 7:52 PM, PharmDInterest said:

This question is for anyone in any of the ten Canadian pharmacy schools to answer:

What is the average (rough estimate if no exact stats are given) entering age of your class? I would assume, maybe incorrectly, that's it's somewhere around 21/22 years old, as lots of students have almost or already completed a degree before being successfully admitted into pharmacy school?

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

It depends on the school. Some schools are more competitive than others. I think if your average is 80, no need to worry. Do well on the rest of the application. 

You have to be at least 20 years old because pre-pharmacy is now two years. Keep in mind that you can be in your thirties.