Premed 101 Forums

Place of Residence Technicalities

If you include your jobs in another province but claim IP status that's a pretty huge gamble. I don't know what the repercussions of that would be, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth potentially being disqualified for being caught as I would imagine if they did put it all together that would be the result. Just for your information, by the rules as they're laid out you should be applying as OOP.

9 hours ago, residencythrowaway said:

Throwaway account. Applying this cycle. Looking for some help/advice on how to handle my place of residence. I was born, raised, went to uni in NS. Moved away last summer for work in another province. I stayed in that province from August 2018 until April 2019. My permanent address has always been my parent's address in NS. My pay stubs at my job in the other province had my NS address on it, I filed taxes in NS, had all official documents in NS, etc. 

I'm wondering what I should put on my application for place of residence. I technically haven't been in NS consistently throughout the past 12 months (per Dal's definition of residency status) but if I don't claim that I've been in NS then I'd be applying OOP which would put me at a huge disadvantage. Technically since my permanent address has always been in NS I could just claim IP residency but then my jobs section on the application would show that I worked in another province within the last 12 months. So would they be able to put two and two together and figure out that I haven't been in NS in the last 12 months? Would they care about that? Should I claim residence in NS and then just not put that job on my application? Or should I claim NS residence and include my job and hope for the best?

Thanks

Honestly, your absolute best bet is to contact Admissions and get a ruling from them on this.