Premed 101 Forums

MCCQE1 Resources

I am an international medical student (Canadian studying abroad) and plan to take the MCCQE1 exam in a few months. I am wondering what are some of the good resources people here have used and recommend to do well (not just pass) on the exam? Also, how much dedicated study time for the exam is recommended?

I also plan on taking the NAC OSCE after my MCCQE1 exam and also wanted some advice on resources for the exam and whether anyone here has any prep courses they recommend for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I took my MCCQE Part 1 this past week, not what I expected at all. I have completed USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS in addition with the MCCEE and NAC-OSCE, and in my opinion the QE1 was probably the most random exam I have taken in a long time. My question distribution was heavily weighted on geriatric psychiatry, ethics and medical law for some reason. CDMs were much better than the MCQs, but still, a very weird exam overall.