Premed 101 Forums

Soaps

I’m pretty sure you can order without registering, just email them. I bought a decent amount of soap from both the CDA and Dat soap carving website. 

However, beware neither are exactly the same as the one you get on test day. The test day ones are variable. They can be different colours (green purple blue etc.) and different textures (fine and grainy, soft and buttery, etc.) from the ones you can buy online.

I’d recommend buying some from both so you’re skilled with diffferent textures. But remember, on test day the texture and colour will most likely be different from what the CDA sold you. 

• 2 weeks later...

ive heard that https://www.datsoapcarving.ca/soaps.php has better soaps then the cda but you can honestly look on kijiji because i bought like 8 soaps of someone for 20$ because they had gotten into dental school. 

You can buy the preparation kit without registering, I was in the same situation earlier.

Goodluck with the soaps:D

17 hours ago, sukhbirring said:

ive heard that https://www.datsoapcarving.ca/soaps.php has better soaps then the cda but you can honestly look on kijiji because i bought like 8 soaps of someone for 20$ because they had gotten into dental school. 

You can buy the preparation kit without registering, I was in the same situation earlier.

Goodluck with the soaps:D

What did you write in the kijiji search bar? I can't find anything :(

thank you, you too :) are you applying this year?

23 hours ago, Maggie19 said:

What did you write in the kijiji search bar? I can't find anything :(

thank you, you too :) are you applying this year?

sadly just depends on if anyone is selling soaps in your area, but i just searched "dat soaps" only 2 people showed up but better than nothing. 

i'm looking to apply next year

11 minutes ago, sukhbirring said:

sadly just depends on if anyone is selling soaps in your area, but i just searched "dat soaps" only 2 people showed up but better than nothing. 

i'm looking to apply next year

I'm from a very small town in a small province so it makes sense that there's nothing on kijiji

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 8:00 PM, Maggie19 said:

Where can you buy soaps other than the CDA website? It looks like you need to register to order soaps and I don't want to register right now since I'm not sure if I want to take the test in November or February. Not sure if I can post a link here, but is this site legit? https://www.datsoapcarving.ca/soaps.php

Do you know if that site sells the same soap as the ones on the real DAT? I'm worried it might be different so I'm almost considering buying it directly from the real DAT site