Premed 101 Forums

resources to use for Canadian DAT? (going from MCAT to DAT)

Hi all,

I took prepared the whole summer for the MCAT and took it 2 weeks ago. Now I am shifting my focus to starting to prepare for the DAT. I know there is a lot of overlap with the content, so I definitely should have a lot of the content down, but from what I heard there's a lot more stuff/details that need to be memorized for the DAT so I want to prepare with the best resources. 

1) What are the resources to use to study for the DAT for content? Are there certain prep books to buy? Or is there online stuff thats better? (i keep seeing DATcrusher or DATdestroyer being mentioned on places). 

2) What is the best way to prepare for the perceptual portion of the test? (best resource)

3) Best place to get practice questions/exams?

4) Has anyone done the MCAT before and the DAT? How was the transition / how do they compare?

Thanks a lot!!!

9 hours ago, aspiringdentist said:

Hi all,

I took prepared the whole summer for the MCAT and took it 2 weeks ago. Now I am shifting my focus to starting to prepare for the DAT. I know there is a lot of overlap with the content, so I definitely should have a lot of the content down, but from what I heard there's a lot more stuff/details that need to be memorized for the DAT so I want to prepare with the best resources. 

1) What are the resources to use to study for the DAT for content? Are there certain prep books to buy? Or is there online stuff thats better? (i keep seeing DATcrusher or DATdestroyer being mentioned on places). 

2) What is the best way to prepare for the perceptual portion of the test? (best resource)

3) Best place to get practice questions/exams?

4) Has anyone done the MCAT before and the DAT? How was the transition / how do they compare?

Thanks a lot!!!

I'm in the exact same situation! Took the MCAT on August 17th and transitioning to DAT but I don't really know where to start