Premed 101 Forums

Western's DDS admission criteria clarification regarding year level

According to Western's DDS website, it says it will only count the 2 years if it is at a year level or above. The undergrad (Bachelors in Applied Sciences) I did is from Ryerson University (fast track for 2 years) and they do not rank their courses by year level (I have talked to them and this is what they have told me). In this case, how will Western assess whether the courses I have taken are at the year level or above? What can I do to prove the year levels? All most all the courses I took were required for me to complete (almost no electives).

Pretty sure Western just takes a full years credit count for “one” year. Meaning a “first” year is just the full credit count of 1000 level courses for one year. For upper years, in order to consider a year there needs to be at least 3/5ths of the appropriate year level courses (I.e. 3/5th 2000 level courses for 2nd year or 3000 level for 3rd year). So if your transcript shows the appropriate course codes they should decipher the year level based on that. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 8:40 PM, Aspiring4DDS said:

According to Western's DDS website, it says it will only count the 2 years if it is at a year level or above. The undergrad (Bachelors in Applied Sciences) I did is from Ryerson University (fast track for 2 years) and they do not rank their courses by year level (I have talked to them and this is what they have told me). In this case, how will Western assess whether the courses I have taken are at the year level or above? What can I do to prove the year levels? All most all the courses I took were required for me to complete (almost no electives).

Hey, I graduated from the fast track program too! Did you happen to get an answer from Western? 

• 1 year later...