Premed 101 Forums

Please help with US Schools

Hi Everyone

Wondering if you can help with what US schools I should apply to or if I am to late to even apply. I am from Ontario,

Im not sure how the US will do my marks for my school I have  (Guelph) I have an 84, an 82, then 15 marks above 85, 11 marks above 90 and 4 marks that are 78 (1 bad semester), 

I just got my MCAT back and I got 520 but 129, 127 (on CARS), 132, 132, 

So my CARS scores  restrict my Canada applications I know, I am a SWOA so I am able to apply UWO and I will apply in Ontario, but I missed UBC cut off so I cant apply there.  and I think my CARS score keeps me from applying anywhere else in Canada, so Im looking at where I should look at in the US.  I would love some recommendations?

I don't have research and My Extracurricular in the healthfield are minimal, but I do have lots of volunteer hours in other fields, competitive sports, School Involvement, Other extracurriculars, scholarships and awards ect.  

Thanks for the help.

This table shows how to convert your grades to an Ontario GPA.

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/omsas-conversion-table/

Your OMSAS cGPA is decent (approx 3.85) and may look pretty good when you apply the weighting (wGPA) some schools uses (UWO, Queens, UofT, UofO).  Your MCAT overall score is very high.  Your CARS is high enough to apply to all Ontario schools.

You are rather late to start apply to USA this cycle as they use rolling interviews / admissions.  Most Canadians started in late June.

As @Meridian said, your GPA/MCAT is great. If your healthfield extracurricular is minimal, however, there is a very low chance of being accepted - US schools receive thousands of applicants with 200+ hours in clinical volunteering, shadowing, healthcare research, etc. You're also late as interviews have begun already. 

If you do want to apply to US, start clinical volunteering to gather that 200+ hours and apply next year.