Premed 101 Forums

cDAT bootcamp

On 9/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, Starburst said:

I didn't think DATBootcamp was a good representation of the Canadian DAT for any of the sections. Their reading comp was excessively harder than the real thing despite their practice tests giving you an extra 10 minutes. And it didn't help that you couldn't print any of their PAT questions like DATCrusher.

In terms of predictiveness, I don't remember but in terms of being prepared, I took the DAT twice and scored 21AA/19PAT using only DATBootcamp the first time. I took the cDAT again and scored 26AA/24PAT the second time using DATCrusher, Chad's videos and the purple Kaplan book. Hopefully that helps. :) 

congrats on your second attempt. Thank you for your information.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:43 PM, Starburst said:

I didn't think DATBootcamp was a good representation of the Canadian DAT for any of the sections. Their reading comp was excessively harder than the real thing despite their practice tests giving you an extra 10 minutes. And it didn't help that you couldn't print any of their PAT questions like DATCrusher.

In terms of predictiveness, I don't remember but in terms of being prepared, I took the DAT twice and scored 21AA/19PAT using only DATBootcamp the first time. I took the cDAT again and scored 26AA/24PAT the second time using DATCrusher, Chad's videos and the purple Kaplan book. Hopefully that helps

well I reviewed the content using bootcamp, and I don't have time to go over the crusher's content, right now I am using bootcamp practice tests. Do you think it is valuable to go over crusher's practice tests only and not their notes/video? Also I am a bit stressed with respect to Canadian grading scale, I have heard the Nov18 was very badly scaled. Do you think it has been always like this or last yeas was an exception? 

18 hours ago, PAAT said:

well I reviewed the content using bootcamp, and I don't have time to go over the crusher's content, right now I am using bootcamp practice tests. Do you think it is valuable to go over crusher's practice tests only and not their notes/video? Also I am a bit stressed with respect to Canadian grading scale, I have heard the Nov18 was very badly scaled. Do you think it has been always like this or last yeas was an exception? 

I didn’t like DATbootcamp, it doesn’t offer anything to help me prepare for the Canadian DAT and it covers more content than you need to know. There’s also a big difference between practicing on paper versus a computer for the PAT and RC. So I think you’re at really big disadvantage if you’re practicing using Bootcamp. Get a refund on Bootcamp and switch to DATCrusher, IQpublications, and DATDestroyer if you're aiming for a high score. 

I would also ignore the scale from last year, it's an anomaly. That was the first time that's ever happened from what I've heard.