Premed 101 Forums

CASPER Cutoff Notifications

Hi there,

For the CASPer cutoff last year, the adcom contacted people who did NOT make the cutoff sometime in late Sept/early Oct, before the release of the interview. If you contact adcom directly, they will tell you whether or not they have sent out that email yet, but I think they usually do that towards the end of September.

I hope this helps!

1 hour ago, avocado_toast said:

Hi there,

For the CASPer cutoff last year, the adcom contacted people who did NOT make the cutoff sometime in late Sept/early Oct, before the release of the interview. If you contact adcom directly, they will tell you whether or not they have sent out that email yet, but I think they usually do that towards the end of September.

I hope this helps!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Do you also know when they contact verifiers for the supplemental section. As well, for OOP invites do they only look at GPA, MCAT, Casper, and Maritime essay for interviews and then everything else post-interview?

1 hour ago, avocado_toast said:

Hi there,

I hope this helps!

Awesome! Thanks so much :)

4 hours ago, drager said:

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Do you also know when they contact verifiers for the supplemental section. As well, for OOP invites do they only look at GPA, MCAT, Casper, and Maritime essay for interviews and then everything else post-interview?

For the supplemental section, they contacted verifiers post-interview in previous years. 

Last year for OOP interview invites, you needed to make the GPA cutoffs (3.7 in each year evaluated), MCAT cutoffs (Minimum TOTAL score of 503 AND a minimum score of 124 in each section for OOP), the CASPer cutoff (the minimum CASPer score of greater than 1.5 standard deviations below the applicant category mean) and then your maritime connection essay was evaluated and given a score. I believe this is the same this year. Most OOP applicants who were given an interview had an MCAT that was higher than 503 (you can look through last year's interview thread for examples) but that was the minimum. After interviews, the supplemental essays and materials are added into the score and your verifiers are contacted. The breakdown of the scoring at that point is posted here: (https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/application-process/application-scoring.html)

20 minutes ago, avocado_toast said:

For the supplemental section, they contacted verifiers post-interview in previous years. 

Last year for OOP interview invites, you needed to make the GPA cutoffs (3.7 in each year evaluated), MCAT cutoffs (Minimum TOTAL score of 503 AND a minimum score of 124 in each section for OOP), the CASPer cutoff (the minimum CASPer score of greater than 1.5 standard deviations below the applicant category mean) and then your maritime connection essay was evaluated and given a score. I believe this is the same this year. Most OOP applicants who were given an interview had an MCAT that was higher than 503 (you can look through last year's interview thread for examples) but that was the minimum. After interviews, the supplemental essays and materials are added into the score and your verifiers are contacted. The breakdown of the scoring at that point is posted here: (https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/core-units/admissions/application-process/application-scoring.html)

Thanks for the detailed response!!