Premed 101 Forums

Ryerson University Chang School?

Hi,

Did anyone here apply through ORPAS before and taken courses at the Ryerson University Chang School of Continuing Education? Were these courses included in your orpas GPA calculation? I am wondering because on the orpas website it states continuing education programs are not accepted and when I called ORPAS they said they don't know for sure until I've already completed the course and submitted my transcript.

On 9/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, OT1996 said:

Hi,

Did anyone here apply through ORPAS before and taken courses at the Ryerson University Chang School of Continuing Education? Were these courses included in your orpas GPA calculation? I am wondering because on the orpas website it states continuing education programs are not accepted and when I called ORPAS they said they don't know for sure until I've already completed the course and submitted my transcript.

Hi! Courses taken through the Chang School do count. Although continuing education courses normally don't count, the Ryerson Chang courses are actually undergraduate level courses so they do count towards your ORPAS GPA. I was also confused when I took a few prior to applying on ORPAS, but rest assured, they do count! Hope that helps!