Premed 101 Forums

ABS activities that stopped when you were 16?

Soo...

I've competed in a sport ever since I was very young, and then I stopped doing the sport competitively (in an extra-curricular sport club) the year I hit 16. At the same time, I've been doing the same sport at a varsity high school level throughout all of high school, but the hours are significantly less. 

Should I combine all this into one entry as "competitive sport x"? Or should I only include the high school portion and disregard all that sports practice from before?

In general, do you suggest keeping activities you've done intensely in the past, but stopped at the age of 16 to do a more "chilled-out" version of them?

2 hours ago, Vivieeeeeee said:

I wouldn't mention the competitive period at all if you stopped it at age 16 (but mention varsity level) since I believe that's where the chronological cutoff begins. I got my ARCT in piano at age 12 but didn't play it after age 16 due to some personal reasons - and did not mention anything about it in my ABS.

ARCT at age 12?!? Are you a prodigy?