Premed 101 Forums

Piano is important! That Advanced Level of Performance Certification demonstrates so many qualities, e.g., discipline, focus, patience, expertise, etc. On the other hand, notwithstanding the entrance award is given to only 1%, with a 3.99 cGPA already since, what does this really bring to the table in terms of hilighting your superior academic performance that already is clear? Include it if there is sufficient room, otherwise, your academic performance achievement is already beyond doubt and does not need extra attention. PM me if you lie for further discussion.

Should life experiences and achievement be a place for hobbies, or higher impact activities? For example, I have ~250 hours of crocheting, and about the same for Geocaching, but they're individual activities and I don't have any awards or formal recognition for these. Would something like an entrance scholarship be better here?

5 hours ago, theevilsloth said:

Should life experiences and achievement be a place for hobbies, or higher impact activities? For example, I have ~250 hours of crocheting, and about the same for Geocaching, but they're individual activities and I don't have any awards or formal recognition for these. Would something like an entrance scholarship be better here?

Individual activities are important and mold your character! Assuming your academic achievements during undergrad are competitive, this speaks for itself and I would go with the activities you mention. Good luck!