Premed 101 Forums

2 hours ago, medschoolgal said:

Oh my gosh I just want to know if I "passed" the casper or not lol

100, this would be such an indicator for us when considering other schools with Casper requirements!

If I get a rejection I would definitely rather get a rejection because of my non-maritime essay than falling below Casper cutoffs :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, TurnOfTheScrew said:

I assume that only ~7% of applicants didn't make it through because of the casper score, since it says that you only need to be better than 1.5 std below the mean. 

Yeah it’s about 7-10% I believe!

I wonder if it’s from the dal applicant pool, or everyone that wrote Casper that day? If it’s the latter than technically all dal applicants could meet the cutoff.. who knows haha

1 hour ago, Anaik said:

Yeah it’s about 7-10% I believe!

I wonder if it’s from the dal applicant pool, or everyone that wrote Casper that day? If it’s the latter than technically all dal applicants could meet the cutoff.. who knows haha

Have no idea, but I'd say that it is very unlikely for it to be just from the test that day. They'd have to at least factor in the score for both dates really, since otherwise if (e.g.) the mean went up dramatically on either of the days, you'd have people with a higher score who'd be left out, if they were unlucky enough to fall on the high mean day. 

But yeah, whether it's just the Dal internal applicant pool, or they make it a normal distribution to include all applicants and resemble the MCAT is anyone's guess.