Premed 101 Forums

Typo in publications section

So first off I recognize that this was a brutal mistake to make, however this is where I'm at and I would really appreciate some feedback. When entering a publication for my UofC application I listed my name in the wrong spot. I want to be completely honest about the mistake I made, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring this up to uofc? Should I just call them and apologize for my mistake? Should I just not say anything (since I'm actually second author and my name is currently in the middle in a "worse" spot).

I literally emailed them twice with something similar (unintended mistake in the publications section) and both times they replied “we allow no revisions after the application deadline, even for mistakes”. At this point, the way I see it is, I’ve made their admissions office aware of the mistake so there’s no way in good conscience that they could allow file reviewers to assess the file without at least making a note about it.

You may have a better chance if you try calling them directly. Best of luck.