Premed 101 Forums

3.72 GPA even worth applying to ontario schools?

21 hours ago, kinestudent23 said:

Is it worth applying? Or should I only look internationally?

hard to answer with a combined GPA. you need the wGPA for each school you would consider. 

I have seen people with 3.71 that are very limited in their options. I have seen others where they could apply easily to many schools. It mostly depends on if it is a few years or a few courses that are dragging it down etc. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 9:30 AM, Uottawa ot said:

I got into physio and OT in 2018 at uOttawa with a 3.71 SGPA so if you speak french its possible!

Did you have lots of OT related experience? I'm interested in OT but most of my experience is either general (teaching, coaching, strength and conditioning) or  more PT related. I have some OT shadow experience and I ran a program for kids with special needs but thats about it. Do you think if would be worth applying with that general of experience?

23 hours ago, XKIN2019 said:

Did you have lots of OT related experience? I'm interested in OT but most of my experience is either general (teaching, coaching, strength and conditioning) or  more PT related. I have some OT shadow experience and I ran a program for kids with special needs but thats about it. Do you think if would be worth applying with that general of experience?

I had zero OT experience. I had shadowed a PT in the community and volunteered at the rehab centre in the pt department. 

You should definitely apply especially having the experience with children with special needs!