Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers Already Being Contacted

4 hours ago, dryorku said:

How sure are you that none at all were contacted?

This was for UofC and Ottawa in 2017/2018. None of my verifiers were contacted for those two schools. I didn’t apply to UofA then. 
I applied this year to UofA and have had one of my verifiers contacted so far

20 hours ago, rinzler said:

Any Ontario applicants care to chime in? None of my verifiers have been contacted yet :wacko:

I am an Ontario applicant and I have had two verifiers (1 employment & 1 volunteer) contacted today. I wouldn't worry it is so early in the cycle. This is my second time applying, last time I had several verifiers contacted in November. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, garceyues said:

Is this normal for verifiers to be contacted this early in the cycle? Only one of mine has been contacted so far to my knowledge, but is this a red flag or anything if it is occuring this early on?

yeah never over think things like this - it doesn't mean anything. Nothing at all.... :)

26 minutes ago, blinkingprinterlight said:

I am an Ontario applicant and I have had two verifiers (1 employment & 1 volunteer) contacted today. I wouldn't worry it is so early in the cycle. This is my second time applying, last time I had several verifiers contacted in November. 

Exact same thing happened for me. Just waiting for GPA to be released now. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, cjalcyris said:

So is it true they really contact all verifiers? Contacting 16 seems excessive but I've already had 6 contacted...

Some of them only know me from a distance as coordinator of volunteering (not even the current one because the past one retired) so can't really fill out a whole box as to why I'm fit to be physician..

If they wanted essentially 16 references they should have explicitly stated so, verifier imo should be someone who just confirms the activity and hours.

Yeah it's been a mission and a half getting messaged by verifiers about what to write all day.

Conversely, if a verifiers doesn't respond before the deadline, will UofA let me know or disregard that activity? AKA should I be messaging all of my verifiers right now to check their emails?

23 hours ago, aloeplant said:

Yeah it's been a mission and a half getting messaged by verifiers about what to write all day.

Conversely, if a verifiers doesn't respond before the deadline, will UofA let me know or disregard that activity? AKA should I be messaging all of my verifiers right now to check their emails?

I'm going to assume they will disregard that activity. I couldn't think of any reason other than verifiers not completing the form for having such a low activity score last cycle.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, Nik- said:

I'm going to assume they will disregard that activity. I couldn't think of any reason other than verifiers not completing the form for having such a low activity score last cycle.

It seems unlikely to me that they would just disregard it without verification. If one verifier doesn't respond out of 15 lets say, I don't see them doing that unless they made multiple attempts to contact the verifier in addition to contacting the applicant.