Premed 101 Forums

2019 Interview Invites

1 hour ago, yeescience said:

Me too and I'm terrified!

OOP and IP invites are sent at the same time :(

they wait until all the OOP people who were sent invites accept/decline their invitations. when all OOP spots are filled for interviews, then they send out the official rejections to those OOP who were not initially invited to an interview  

1 minute ago, UWCC said:

Welp, once again feeling down as an OOP with what I think is a very strong maritime connection (half of my family is from there, I’m the first generation to be born outside of the region!). No email so I’m 99.9% surely facing a rejection. this year my stats were  4.0 & 513, but that doesn’t matter because I guess they just don’t like my essay or there’s others with better ones. :) Congrats to those OOP selected!

Feeling this too! Had family as a Maritime connection, wrote a pretty good essay I think. GPA 3.9 and MCAT 507 (meets the cut offs). Still hoping but not sure if there's a point. Congrats to all invited!

2 minutes ago, UWCC said:

Welp, once again feeling down as an OOP with what I think is a very strong maritime connection (half of my family is from there, I’m the first generation to be born outside of the region!). No email so I’m 99.9% surely facing a rejection. this year my stats were  4.0 & 513, but that doesn’t matter because I guess they just don’t like my essay or there’s others with better ones. :) 

I thought I had a strong connection too! I grew up there, my dad went there for med and have family members who were profs at dalhousie too ughhhhhh i dont understand what more they want from me lol

2 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

When I log onto my application it has steps 3a and 3b present asking me to upload a photo and government issued ID but I haven't gotten any email yet...does anyone know what this means?

Hey, check your junk folder! They send instructions if you receive an interview. It could be like that for everyone (invited and rejected) or it could mean you just have yet to receive it.

also: for anyone who may not have a passport, a friend called adcoms and verified if a drivers license would suffice, and the answer was yes! If you have any questions regarding that definitely contact them.

1 minute ago, guacamole17 said:

Congratulations!! did you have a strong maritime connection?

Thank you!! My sister settled there ~6 years ago, and getting into Dal med is the dream. Not quite sure what the admissions committee looks for in the Maritime connection essay! Third time applying, second time interviewing, fingers crossed!