Premed 101 Forums

LMCC 2, questions about new format

Getting a lot of conflicting info about the new format and how to study for it. I have been using study packages from older exams (i.e. 2000's to 2014ish) and at one point they recommend that at every station you should ask for PMHx, FHx, Social Hx (including drugs/etoh/occupation), ROS, and FIFE. A preceptor also mentioned getting vitals at every station, almost like the 4th year osce where you walk in, pretend to wash your hands, and ask for vitals regardless of whether its a physical or history or counselling session. Is this still applicable to the current format?? The online marking scheme doesn't seem to include this. But if for example they ask for a focused history and/or physical, would you still go through your algorithm for the following: wash hands + ask vitals, HPI, PMhx, FHx, SocHx, Meds, Allergies, ROS... ... 

Also, I know that for the family medicine exam (CFPC) they emphasize a lot on FIFE. Like they literally expect you to ask the 4 fife questions for every single issue the patient mentions. Is this also relevant for the LMCC2? 

Thanks all!

--

Edit added: Also did people find the new exam still included the 'common stations' from previous exams? 

• 1 month later...