Premed 101 Forums

Question about cheating on the casper

I just took the casper test, and I think I might have fucked it up by accident.

During one of the videos, it tells you that you are a co-manager. I have a habit of typing in things as i think, so I ctrl+t to open a new tab and typed in co-manager before quickly closing the tab since I realized it might be seen as cheating. I'm a bit worried because I did search it up but I closed the tab before the webpage even finished loading. It's a habit of mine and I didn't think much of it. I don't think typing in co-manager into the search bar is cheating but I'm not too sure.

Can the Casper people see my screen and see that I opened up a new tab? Will I be disqualified for this? Should I contact them?

It was absolutely not my intention to cheat in any way, I just instinctively ctrl+t'd a new tab out because that's what I always do. 

«Afin de réduire les risques de tricherie, Altus a mis au point un système de surveillance en ligne et peut, en tout temps et de temps à autre, surveiller à distance votre accès au service afin de s’assurer que vous respectez les conditions énoncées aux présentes. Cette surveillance peut porter sur la saisie au clavier et sur la communication audio et vidéo, notamment l’utilisation de la webcam et du microphone de l’ordinateur. L’accès à ces appareils est obligatoire ; le fait de ne pas disposer d’un appareil requis (y compris, sans y limiter, une webcam et un microphone) et/ou la privation de l’accès à un tel appareil peuvent constituer des motifs de vous refuser l’accès à l’examen CASPer. La surveillance à distance est effectuée sans entraver déraisonnablement votre prise d’examen CASPer.» Alors je sais pas exactement s'ils peuvent voir ou non si on recherche quelque chose sur Google, mais je te conseille de ne pas les appeler, avec un peu de chance tu seras correcte!

Edited by Soudou

16 minutes ago, DDSgang said:

Did they ask for permission to screen record?

No, they didn't. The only popup I got from the website was access to my microphone. I've read that they can view your screen, but I didn't know this was possible from a web browser page that didn't explicitly ask to see my screen. 

On 10/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, Noratic said:

No, they didn't. The only popup I got from the website was access to my microphone. I've read that they can view your screen, but I didn't know this was possible from a web browser page that didn't explicitly ask to see my screen. 

I haven't taken this test - do they say even that you cannot access another program/browser etc? I thought their main safeguard was simply you don't have time to be wondering all over the internet. 

If they really cared about security to that degree they would have to require the test to be taken at an exam centre (like many other organizations do). That would be a major pain for those that didn't live close to an urban area. 

1 hour ago, rmorelan said:

I haven't taken this test - do they say even that you cannot access another program/browser etc? I thought their main safeguard was simply you don't have time to be wondering all over the internet. 

If they really cared about security to that degree they would have to require the test to be taken at an exam centre (like many other organizations do). That would be a major pain for those that didn't live close to an urban area. 

You can, but you'd be panicking for your life trying to answer 3 questions in 5 minutes. Given that ctrl+C ctrl+V doesn't work, it's kinda useless to wander all over the internet anyway.

7 hours ago, haenurplaza said:

You can, but you'd be panicking for your life trying to answer 3 questions in 5 minutes. Given that ctrl+C ctrl+V doesn't work, it's kinda useless to wander all over the internet anyway.

yeah that is what I thought - these trick sound nice in theory but you just don't have the time ha