Premed 101 Forums

Canadian with EU Citizenship

Hey everyone. I’m a Canadian with EU citizenship and am interested in the process of applying/going through/finishing med school in the EU. I have an undergraduate degree and am applying to Canadian med schools this year, but in the event I’m unsuccessful, I’m just looking into my options. I really don’t know anything about going to school in the EU (with citizenship) so really, ANY information would be helpful. Whether it’s about applying to med schools, requirements, how the programs differ from Canadian curriculums, matching back in Canada, etc. Thank you!

The usual disclaimers of don't go overseas unless you have 3+ attempts at canada/US/USDO apply. You might find more information on studentdoctor. Assuming brexit eventually does happen and you have EU citizenship but not UK, the most common place by far for Canadian students to do medical schools is Ireland. People also do it in Poland and Germany rarely. Look into Atlantic Bridge for Ireland.