Premed 101 Forums

Last year of undergrad (already applied to med school with decent GPA) but i feel like this year/semester isn't going well at all.

GoodDeeds

So I applied in beginning of October to university of montreal, mcgill and sherbrooke with a 3.8 GPA (yay). But I just got back my midterm grades and I wouldn't be surprised if my GPA drops after the fall semester (not yay). Please help. I need some clarity. How much do they care about the last year? 

So for the most part, unless you drop drastically (like going from Bs and As type grades all the way down to like Cs and Ds) you should be fine. The final year is more about maintaining than anything and cant speak to the french schools but McGill does consider difficulty of program and courses (obviously upper year courses and final year require a lot more work and grades might be reflective of this). Also by your final year of university your GPA is unlikely to really rise or fall that much unless you are straight up failing. Try and improve your study techniques for finals and do your best!