Premed 101 Forums

Casper is not rlly well? What will happen?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 9:13 AM, Censored said:

After further research, I found people with excellent stats were somehow put in waitlist for U of T. Only reason I can think of is CASPer, or suboptimal interview.

i think it’s enough to bump u to waitlist if ur Casper results tripped every single red flag.

Casper is added to the admission requirement since this summer, so for the previous cycles, the reason why people with high stats ended up on waitlist is the interview. Hopefully they only want to collect statistical numbers for casper this year since it is their fist time to include it. 

If you did well on your scenarios over all and just missed one question, you can still score well: 

"What if you miss one or two questions in a scenario?
Although all of your three responses to the questions for the same scenario will be graded by the same assessor, the score that you receive is representative of your overall performance on that station. For instance, if during one of the scenarios you take a lot of time to provide a well-thought out and mature to only one of the three questions and only have limited time to answer the remaining two, you can still score high on that station, granted that the answer you provided to question one was strong, appropriate and professional."

Best of luck!!

On 11/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, PAAT said:

Casper is added to the admission requirement since this summer, so for the previous cycles, the reason why people with high stats ended up on waitlist is the interview. Hopefully they only want to collect statistical numbers for casper this year since it is their fist time to include it. 

Can confirm, interview will make or break you no matter how high your GPA is. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 7:38 AM, Chickentenders said:

@ToothHurty I was recommended an interview coach by a uoft dental student... is this true? I don't consider myself a super charismatic guy who might kill the interview...

I mean if you can afford it might not hurt. Don’t underestimate the interview especially if you’re not a confident speaker. 

On 12/5/2019 at 10:38 AM, Chickentenders said:

I was recommended an interview coach by a uoft dental student... is this true? I don't consider myself a super charismatic guy who might kill the interview...

An interview coach will only help you! Even very confident charismatic people can have weak interview performance, in the same vein even those who are not as confident like you can excel if they get the right practice. :)