Premed 101 Forums

Does uOttawa take into account the number of times you have interviewed?

Interviews are very subjective (and can easily be manipulated) and I’m sure the admissions committee knows very well they can’t get it right every time. With this in mind, do your chances of getting in increase with every additional interview because this shows persistence which might entice the admissions committee to give you the benefit of the doubt? Has anyone ever been rejected even after the third interview?

I doubt your chances would increase due to admissions seeing this is your 2nd time interviewing, if they look at that at all. They specifically say that they won't accept apps after the 3rd interview as this indicates the applicant is lacking something. Seems like if anything it would be held in a negative light. This is pure speculation.

I’m not a fan of interviews because most interviewers use simplifying heuristics (rather than a cognitively informed process) when assessing a candidate. That makes it somewhat biased and the evaluation of answers to certain questions is also very subjective. An excellent answer to one reviewer might be deemed mediocre to another. Many candidates tend to also be dishonest in their answers and sometimes it’s hard to pick up on that. Lots of flaws in this system, in my opinion, but at the end of the day, it is what it is.