Premed 101 Forums

Hello everyone! 
I’m currently a 3rd year bachelor of science in nursing student at UFV wanting to apply to UBC med after graduation. After my second year in nursing I realized I wanted more than nursing could offer (hence the transition from nursing to med school). I was wondering if anyone has any advice at ALL that they can offer me about applying as a non traditional applicant and possibly advice from anyone that has applied as a nursing major themselves.
thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...

Take a look at what you are required to have for credits. If your program is very clinical based, you might not have enough credits with a percentage attached to them to satisfy the UBC med requirements. I did my BSN at UBC and I had to take basically an extra semester of credits because my clinical credits were not counted as part of the 90. Just something to keep in mind. Depending on your strength in self-learning as well, you will likely have to teach yourself a decent amount of the MCAT material that a BSc student would not have to. Those were the main barriers I experienced to apply, but this is my first application.