Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2019/2020 - Class of 2024

Sharron

47 minutes ago, good121 said:

Guys who got acceptance letter

do u guys kno when will we be getting formal admission letter and able to accept or reject the offer?

It says it's going to take a few days but just wondering how long its going to take

They sent it out right now

Got my offer a while back with the others and got the UBC admission letter this morning. I think the undergrad office one is random so sit tight.

June 23 is the deadline for confirmation so second round will probably go out near that time.

I'm in province (UBC) and those were my averages. No personal profiles this year.

Core: 75.6%

Last 30: 74.2%

My grades are pretty trash so whoever is applying next year and sees this, have hope!

My last year core is 93% and this year I got 95% , ubc student and bc resident with a lot of activities , research,  publications, over two years of volunteering .... but unfortunately did no get an offer yet. I don’t understand what’ going on

6 minutes ago, Alexy said:

My last year core is 93% and this year I got 95% , ubc student and bc resident with a lot of activities , research,  publications, over two years of volunteering .... but unfortunately did no get an offer yet. I don’t understand what’ going on

Well from what I heard admission decision is based 100% on interview results. If you have really weak grades but did well on the interview congrats u are in! But if you have really strong grades but had a really weak interview then u may not get in. Who knows.. 

24 minutes ago, Alexy said:

Hopefully, you get in. However,  have you considered applying to schools in other provinces? Your stats and EC look very competitive for out of province schools.They seem to base their decision using a more holistic approach, rather than just interview like UBC. For example, look at University of Alberta ( pharmacists there get paid a lot more too there)

Congrats guys! First year here (I guess second year now LOL) to those of you who are still waiting don't lose hope! No news is still good news! For those wondering about housing the faculty sent us an email today indicating that sept-dec 2020 is online and that there will be no classes held in person in the building for those four months. Last year when we got our acceptances we were given 10 days to accept or decline our offer. With that being said, rejections were also sent in waves..some heard back right away others did not know until near the end. Just because you didnt hear back yet does not mean you didnt get in please dont lose hope. My best advice would be try to make friends, join the facebook group, go to GPA and connect with the upper years we are all here to help! 

22 hours ago, kenzieg said:

Congrats to everyone who got offers!! Does anyone know the chances of getting in if you didn't get an offer or rejection letter yet? Stressin 

Still very high!! remember that a lot of people reject their offers and not all offers have been sent out yet! I didnt hear back until the 4th wave! I know how it feels to see everyone else get an offer and yet not hear anything back from the faculty but just keep some hope! good luck!!

On 6/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, karen9898 said:
3 hours ago, APharmacist said:

Anyone received offer today? It’s been a week since the first round came out...

I don’t believe if any offers come out until the acceptance deadline has passed, It means after 23th.