Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2019/2020 - Class of 2024

Sharron

1 minute ago, pharmlover2020 said:

I dont think anyone received it for May 3rd.All people are scheduled for May 2nd.when is yours?

oh really? everyone is scheduled for May 2nd?mine is for May 2nd too. 

but if u check the UBC Pharmacy admission timeline. It says people will be scheduled for May 2nd and 3rd so....just wondering

4 minutes ago, pharmlover2020 said:

Normally people from previous years got it after they sent confirmation emails for the first round. According to the forums they usually used to send it on the day that they sent confirmations.

Yeah it's almost May soon. So they would have to start sending rejection emails soon.

2 hours ago, kortocan said:

Does UBC send out rejections before or after the interview to those who still have not received an interview invitation?

Typically they send the invites out in waves so have some hope! and the interviews are only conducted over the two days they have scheduled, although im not sure if everyones is on the same day now since they are doing them online. 

Rejections will be sent out before the interviews are conducted..they wouldn't leave you hanging.

Good luck!!!

Anybody knos if our GPA will be considered for the admission?

I know that the admission page says that they will only check the results of MMI to give the admission, but do u guys really think they will not consider GPA at all?

I have talked to some people who already got into the program and some of them said that the admission will be given based on GPA and MMI result

Any idea?

12 hours ago, good121 said:

Anybody knos if our GPA will be considered for the admission?

I know that the admission page says that they will only check the results of MMI to give the admission, but do u guys really think they will not consider GPA at all?

I have talked to some people who already got into the program and some of them said that the admission will be given based on GPA and MMI result

Any idea?

To get an interview, they already checked your GPA. After the interview, admission is based solely on the MMI.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:31 AM, leeenaa said:

Does anyone know if the MMIs are live, or are we recording our responses and submitting them afterwards? I'm a little confused on that part..

From the interview confirmation email that was sent out, it seems like it might be a bit of both? They are certainly recording the entire interview, but it’s hard to tell if the questions are asked live or if they’re pre-recorded. Has anyone else been able to get clarification on this?

19 hours ago, hannahb said:

From the interview confirmation email that was sent out, it seems like it might be a bit of both? They are certainly recording the entire interview, but it’s hard to tell if the questions are asked live or if they’re pre-recorded. Has anyone else been able to get clarification on this?

If you try the test interview, it's supposed to look a lot like the real thing. So it's pre-recorded.