Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

3 minutes ago, Colby1373 said:

No where in the email does it say that a webcam will be used. Should they not have given us a heads up? I was just going to stay in my sweats lol. 

Lol fair enough! I don't know much about the CAP,  I got into a different PT school last year, but dress to impress. You got this, good luck!! 

21 hours ago, Ken10 said:

Hi guys, does anyone know if accepting Alberta's offer for OT affect decisions for schools I applied for in ORPAS (Ontario schools?) I didn't expect the deadline to accept Alberta's offer to be so soon, but I wanna save a spot just in case I don't get into any other programs. 

Hi! I sent a message to ORPAS through SAM about accepting an alternate graduate program (in Ontario) and they sent me this!

Hello - Graduate applic­ations and ORPAS applic­ations are separate from each other. Just in general, each offer comes with a specific expiry date and you must accept an offer by this date. Once you succes­sfully accepted an offer through your OUAC Graduate application you would no longer be able to cancel that offer through your Graduate application, you would need to communicate with the university to see if you can be released from the acceptance. Therefore, please read your offer details carefully or inquire with the university. OT and PT programs are sent on May 29. Pls see our important dates www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-dates. - Thanks - Katja\ORPAS

I also had some friends in SLP who accepted Alberta schools before their ORPAS acceptance day and it didn't affect anything! I will most likely be accepting Alberta as well while I wait for ORPAS, but I'm obviously still nervous it might mess something up as no one has given me a straight answer about out of province schools. If you want complete peace of mind, I'd message ORPAS through the SAM messenger about out of province schools. I hope this helped!

7 hours ago, LMC said:

Hope everyone is doing well! With the CAP coming up tomorrow I am feeling very nervous and I'm not sure what to expect, anyone have any words of wisdom regarding the cap?

I've been focusing on the CPA website, reading over the standards of practice and Case of the Month posts. Anyone have a general idea how many questions will be on the CAP?

2 hours ago, Walrus08 said:

Hi! I sent a message to ORPAS through SAM about accepting an alternate graduate program (in Ontario) and they sent me this!

Hello - Graduate applic­ations and ORPAS applic­ations are separate from each other. Just in general, each offer comes with a specific expiry date and you must accept an offer by this date. Once you succes­sfully accepted an offer through your OUAC Graduate application you would no longer be able to cancel that offer through your Graduate application, you would need to communicate with the university to see if you can be released from the acceptance. Therefore, please read your offer details carefully or inquire with the university. OT and PT programs are sent on May 29. Pls see our important dates www.ouac.on.ca/guide/orpas-dates. - Thanks - Katja\ORPAS

I also had some friends in SLP who accepted Alberta schools before their ORPAS acceptance day and it didn't affect anything! I will most likely be accepting Alberta as well while I wait for ORPAS, but I'm obviously still nervous it might mess something up as no one has given me a straight answer about out of province schools. If you want complete peace of mind, I'd message ORPAS through the SAM messenger about out of province schools. I hope this helped!

From what I understand, they're completely separate of each other. I accepted my UoA offer while still preferring and waiting on an Ontario school, if that offers any peace of mind! You would just lose the deposit if you accepted an Ontario offer afterwards, which is obviously worth the investment regardless, so accept it!!

3 hours ago, OT-UofT-PLS-2020 said:

Hey! If you dont mind me asking, did you apply to any schools in Ontario before or now with that sgpa? I would be surprised if you could get rejected with such a good GPA! 

Hey, I dont mind at all. I didn't have that sGPA until this year, I did a course-based masters this past year to boost my sGPA, since I had some meh grades in my third year of undergrad. 

On 4/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, OTPLEASE2382 said:

hey! im from out of province as well, so i feel you we're on the same boat, definately nervous about it too! Do you know how many OOP they have for Dal OT?

The seat allocations per the Dalhousie website are as follows:

New Brunswick: 15

PEI: 2

Newfoundland and Labrador: 10

Nova Scotia: 16

OOP/International: 19

Total: 62

4 minutes ago, FuturePT2020 said:

CAP done! That was a quick 2 hours:blink: How did everyone find it? 

Congratulations! You're done! I found it pretty similar to what I thought it was going to be like. How about you?

The only thing is I'm having major anxiety about whether or not I clicked yes to the confidentiality thing (like when you don't know if you left the stove on kind of feeling)

1 hour ago, PleaseGiveMePT said:

Congratulations! You're done! I found it pretty similar to what I thought it was going to be like. How about you?

The only thing is I'm having major anxiety about whether or not I clicked yes to the confidentiality thing (like when you don't know if you left the stove on kind of feeling)

1 hour ago, LMC said:

I found it more easier than expected I thought there would be more physio specific questions! 

I definitely thought it was easier than expected. Considering the time limit, I felt like the CAP gave me ample time to come up with a well thought, constructed response. Hopefully we all get good news come May 29th :)