Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

4 minutes ago, IslandPTgal said:

they cancelled the interviews for PT..I am still waiting to hear back but feel like itll take longer for PT applicants to hear anything :(

Oh gotcha! Sorry to hear about that, sounds like a lot of unexpected changes for applications this year :/ good luck though, try to stay positive! :) 

3 minutes ago, PTHopeful2020 said:

Did they say anything about how they're going to weigh the GPA/Casper?

They haven't said anything besides to keep checking their website for updates (for PT admissions). Originally we were supposed to hear about interview decisions before the end of March. So who knows! I think I'll email Dal PT Admissions on Monday to see if I can get more info. 

3 hours ago, vp33 said:

They haven't said anything besides to keep checking their website for updates (for PT admissions). Originally we were supposed to hear about interview decisions before the end of March. So who knows! I think I'll email Dal PT Admissions on Monday to see if I can get more info. 

my friend emailed dal PT admissions today, so as soon as they get back to her, I will send an update on here!

20 hours ago, PTHopeful2020 said:

Did they say anything about how they're going to weigh the GPA/Casper?

The FAQ section mentions that "Offers are based on the combined score of 25% interview and 75% GPA. Successful candidates will be notified by email during the months of May and June" (link), so GPA was already weighted a lot. Not sure what they'll do about everything else, but I've been told to check their website frequently for updates!

50 minutes ago, jhall_88xc said:

The FAQ section mentions that "Offers are based on the combined score of 25% interview and 75% GPA. Successful candidates will be notified by email during the months of May and June" (link), so GPA was already weighted a lot. Not sure what they'll do about everything else, but I've been told to check their website frequently for updates!

So we won’t hear from them till May? The wait will kill me 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:26 AM, AspiringPT said:

Just received my CAP invite email for U of T PT!

Does anyone know how many ppl (approx.) are invited to write the CAP out of everyone that applies? I think there's usually 900 applicants and 100-110 spots, but I'm curious to know how many people make it to this stage. 

I read on their website that they typically invite 300-350 people to take the CAP test (basically the top third applicants)

Got my invite yesterday as well :) 

update on dal:

in the email sent to my friend; they said the faculty members have been meeting to sort out the situation they are currently in regarding admissions. They don't think they are behind any other PT programs in making these decisions, and they will be posting updates on the website as soon as they make a decision. As of now, admissions to OT and PT are both at a stand still...

so they did not decide much really...which is super frustrating because they didn't even give a timeline on when to hear back; also did not mention anything about if they are getting rid of interview all together or using alternative methods. My questions are not answered and I am not satisfied lol.