Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

I got offered a seat in the program on March 30th into the MPT-NRC program at UBC!!

Applied (PT): UBC (interview complete), McMaster (interview complete), Dalhousie (Admission offers go out in May)
Accepted: UBC

BC Resident
GPA:  4.26/4.33

I spoke to UBC and they told me that if you applied to both NRC and Vancouver Cohort, that they place you in a cohort and you don't get a preference.  I have heard from many past students of the NRC program that they prefer the campus in Prince George over Vancouver.  I can't wait to meet you all :)

2 hours ago, PT2020! said:

I got offered a seat in the program on March 30th into the MPT-NRC program at UBC!!

Applied (PT): UBC (interview complete), McMaster (interview complete), Dalhousie (Admission offers go out in May)
Accepted: UBC

BC Resident
GPA:  4.26/4.33

I spoke to UBC and they told me that if you applied to both NRC and Vancouver Cohort, that they place you in a cohort and you don't get a preference.  I have heard from many past students of the NRC program that they prefer the campus in Prince George over Vancouver.  I can't wait to meet you all :)

Congrats! I also got into NRC because I expressed interest, pretty nervous about leaving Vancouver but I think this is going to be a great learning experience. If anybody is interested in talking or meeting up if or when things settle down before the start of the term you can message me and I'd love to talk :)

2 minutes ago, UBCPTDream said:

why are they sending out acceptances and waitlists day by day? I am very confused about this

Usually acceptances are sent first and then waitlists and then rejections. They’re sent separately on different days because it reduces phone/email/website traffic 

1 minute ago, PTbound07 said:

Usually acceptances are sent first and then waitlists and then rejections. They’re sent separately on different days because it reduces phone/email/website traffic 

i see well it looks like they are really spreading these acceptances tho, my friend who got in just said some people didn't even get acceptances until April 12...

37 minutes ago, PTbound07 said:

It’s strange though, it seems like a mix of acceptances and waitlists**** are being handed out around the same time? Unless people aren’t reporting exactly when they’re receiving their acceptance/waitlist letters

3 minutes ago, rickiem said:

It’s strange though, it seems like a mix of acceptances and rejections are being handed out around the same time? Unless people aren’t reporting exactly when they’re receiving their acceptance/waitlist letters

do you personally know any who got rejections?

42 minutes ago, PTbound07 said:

It seems like this year is very different.. ? I'm waiting for OT UBC but from what I understand the OT results almost always come out before the PT results, so weird that this year PT results have started coming out while as far as I know no OT people have received anything.