Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Just now, Othopeful13 said:

I applied to Brunel and Oxford Brookes for OT. I completed an interview with Oxford Brookes last week but have yet to hear from Brunel! How about yourself? 

I haven’t applied to those universities, but thinking of applying soon for the programs starting in spring 

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT at UofT, Queens, Western, Dal
Accepted: :( 
Waitlisted: UofT, Western
Rejected: Queens, Dal 
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa, 3.67 and 4.1 (4.3 scale)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

essays - okay, I'm lacking volunteer experience compared to other people (~40 hours at PT clinic, 60 hours other volunteering) 

interviews - no interviews for dal because of covid-19, cap test is april 25 

references - I have two strong academic references from professors during my undergrad and one reference from my volunteer coordinator

can't wait to find out if I get in!! and hopefully school resumes in the fall, stay safe everyone :)

Question-- my friend got waitlisted for an interview at U of M last week (I think) and today he got an email from U of M updating him saying his file is under review... Does that mean that they are reviewing his file for an interview?? Anyone else get this email? He's OOP. 

10 minutes ago, initrams said:

Question-- my friend got waitlisted for an interview at U of M last week (I think) and today he got an email from U of M updating him saying his file is under review... Does that mean that they are reviewing his file for an interview?? Anyone else get this email? He's OOP. 

I’ve been receiving these emails consistently since I applied, even after registering for an interview so I’m not sure. But I was accepted at another program this morning so I am planning on cancelling my interview (as I’m sure many who received acceptances this morning are) which could open up spots for them. Wishing your friend the best of luck!

3 hours ago, OTplease2020 said:

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the OOP waitlist and in province waitlist for UBC? I have been told I am on the OOP waitlist but am unsure if I have any chance of being accepted in the next few months... 

My guess would be there is a difference because they reserve I think 12-15 seats for OOP and 48 for IP or something like that. From what I’ve seen there’s always a chance of getting of the waitlist so fingers crossed and good luck :) 

2 hours ago, OTHOPEFUL101 said:

I’ve been receiving these emails consistently since I applied, even after registering for an interview so I’m not sure. But I was accepted at another program this morning so I am planning on cancelling my interview (as I’m sure many who received acceptances this morning are) which could open up spots for them. Wishing your friend the best of luck!

Yay thanks, I will let him know !!! Congrats on your acceptance :)