Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 4/15/2020 at 3:12 PM, PTwishing20 said:

You should look at the reply below! There’s hope yet, haha! :-) but you’re definitely right, there is always next year!  So now we wait until the emails come, then we can look into that issue! This entire pandemic puts everyone into a complicated situation, so I think everyone is in the same boat. We’ll get there :-) 

Yes I just saw the posts! Does gives a bit of hope, but we'll cross that bridge when it happens. At this point all we can do is hope for the best but expect the worst

1 hour ago, OTHopes97 said:

Ah ok! Hopefully they let us know soon! It’s so stressful since they were released so much earlier in previous years. Can you let me know if they email you back? I don’t want to bother them more if many other people have already sent emails.

hey! i also applied, but haven't heard back and am stressing out about it too.

54 minutes ago, OccupationalTherpay2020 said:

I applied to Dal as well for OT and am waiting anxiously too haha I’m a maritime student with a psychology degree. Do you guys mind sharing your backgrounds? 

NS student with neuroscience degree. The wait is killing me now that classes are finished so hopefully we hear before the end of the month!

1 hour ago, OccupationalTherpay2020 said:

I applied to Dal as well for OT and am waiting anxiously too haha I’m a maritime student with a psychology degree. Do you guys mind sharing your backgrounds? 

waiting to hear back for Dal OT as well! I am from PEI with a neuroscience degree, went to Dal for my undergrad

McGill OT

Can someone clarify the background courses?

On the site it says no pre reqs are required but courses must be completed prior to start of QY. Does this mean that Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Psychology, Neuroanatomy or Neuroscience and Research Methods/Statistics must be completed prior to the start of the program?

Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, OTPLEASE2382 said:

McGill OT

Can someone clarify the background courses?

On the site it says no pre reqs are required but courses must be completed prior to start of QY. Does this mean that Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Psychology, Neuroanatomy or Neuroscience and Research Methods/Statistics must be completed prior to the start of the program?

Thank you in advance!

I think they are saying that you must complete the courses you submitted on your transcript when you applied into the OT program. If you have taken courses related to Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Psychology, Neuroanatomy or Neuroscience and Research Methods/Statistics, then these can be noted as background courses on the form but they're NOT mandatory. They will simply give you extra points when they review your application based on which courses you have taken throughout your previous semesters and improve your candidacy. 

Hope that helps!

Anyone know what a conditional offer may look like for someone that took a pre-requisite course during this Jan-April 2020 term?

I heard there is a minimum grade that you need to get to be admitted to Queens PT? Like if I was missing anatomy, but I am taking it now, will I  need say an 80? or a 75 to get in?

Thanks in advance!

Did anyone apply to international schools for OT and know if they are still accepting applications for Fall 2020 or Winter 2021? In addition, if anyone has been accepted or plans  to go what will they do about the current COVID situation?

Also, any insights on the process of practicing when you come back to Canada? (What is the process, how difficult is it)

On 4/17/2020 at 11:30 AM, OTPLEASE2382 said:

Does anyone know if pre-reqs for UBC OT is considered in the gpa calculation? 

I got accepted to UBC OT this year and my pre requisites were not very high (82% - 86%). I do not think they care too much for them personally. 

I interviewed last year and did not get in. This year I had roughly the same average but did much better on my interview. My belief is that they put a lot of weight on the interview. If you have any questions pm me. I am more than willing to help anyone! 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:56 PM, NeedPTinmylife said:

Anyone know what a conditional offer may look like for someone that took a pre-requisite course during this Jan-April 2020 term?

I heard there is a minimum grade that you need to get to be admitted to Queens PT? Like if I was missing anatomy, but I am taking it now, will I  need say an 80? or a 75 to get in?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure about Queens but at Mac you needed to get a certain % in the pre req courses for it to count (B+ or 77% i believe). I was in the same situation as you and I did the pre req in the winter term and got in, the schools just send the transcripts to your "new" uni after you receive your final grades. You should be able to find out on the Queens website what the minimum is, I believe they also had a nice document showing what counts as anatomy credits for them as well. Best of luck!