Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

35 minutes ago, OT2Be said:

I’m anxiously waiting to hear from Dal OT as well!! I have been accepted to Glasgow Caledonian University for OT but Dal is my first choice as I am from Nova Scotia. Hoping we hear very soon!

I'm also anxious to hear Dal's decision! I've been accepted to UoA but I am also from Nova Scotia, so Dal has been my first choice!

5 minutes ago, JC9 said:

I'm also anxious to hear Dal's decision! I've been accepted to UoA but I am also from Nova Scotia, so Dal has been my first choice!

It’s awesome that you guys have been accepted to other schools already! I haven’t heard anything from the two OT programs I applied for so I’m so anxious! Congrats on your acceptance!

2 hours ago, OT2Be said:

I’m anxiously waiting to hear from Dal OT as well!! I have been accepted to Glasgow Caledonian University for OT but Dal is my first choice as I am from Nova Scotia. Hoping we hear very soon!

Hi, I wonder why you guys choose to apply for programs in the U.K. instead of the US?

2 hours ago, XKIN2019 said:

Did anyone els get an email from U of ottawa about the fall term? It was a general email which was just saying that classes will resume in the fall and that they will be releasing their plan incase we are still physical distancing. When do you think we will know if classes are going to be online?

I received it as well! Made my heart skip a beat as I thought it was news on my application. Probably will only find out in the summer some time about online courses. 

2 hours ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

I received it as well! Made my heart skip a beat as I thought it was news on my application. Probably will only find out in the summer some time about online courses. 

I was super shocked at first too they definitely should have had a different topic header lol. I know law and med are still waiting on applications too so I bet it shocked a lot of people for half a second aha

4 minutes ago, PTProspective said:

Today was just the distribution deadline no? I’m pretty sure they were delivered the second you added them to your distribution list

If you check CASPer FAQ, it mentions that all test scores are processed and distributed to academic programs as a group. Now we know that the U of A can move on to the next step of their deliberation process, and hopefully hear some decisions soon!

2 hours ago, J.H said:

If you check CASPer FAQ, it mentions that all test scores are processed and distributed to academic programs as a group. Now we know that the U of A can move on to the next step of their deliberation process, and hopefully hear some decisions soon!

Great, that's good to know! Hopefully we can hear back from them soon!

Update** - i accepted a waitlist offer from UofT. both UofT and Western contacted me the day after first round offers expired. I chose to go to UofT for the placement opportunities and just the overall reputation of the school.

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT for all - Uoft, McMaster, Western, Queens, McGill
Accepted: Western & UofT 
Waitlisted: Western (Upper Third), UofT
Rejected: McGill (reason being GPA and Casper score), Mac
GPA:c-gpa 3.74 (Orpas) and s-gpa 3.78 (Orpas)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

My GPA is okay but I think my experience is where my strengths are. I took at PTA/OTA diploma program after high school before doing KInesiology and have worked as an assistant for about 6 years. So I have  probably accumulated over 3000 hours in experience in private clinics. Right now I work as an R Kin primarily working with patients with workplace injuries and have been able to gain a lot of treatment plan and assessment experience that I didnt get as a PTA. I've volunteered about 150 hours at a Neuro Rehab clinic in Toronto, working with patients after SCI, TBI, MS, CVA. I also currently volunteer at a Cancer support center, helping out with their cancer exercise program, I was only able to volunteer there a few times before the program was suspended to protect the members from COVID. I think my essays were good and I think they really play up my experience and knowledge of the profession. I used the Kin program head at my school as my reference and a physio that I've worked with for a number of years. 

I was invited to write the CAP for Uoft and the Kira talent interview for Mac. I wasn't confident in my Mac interview and felt like I didn't provide the greatest answers. I just wrote CAP this past weekend and I also don't know how I felt about it afterwards. 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:44 AM, JJHS said:

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT for all - Uoft, McMaster, Western, Queens, McGill
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected: McGill (reason being GPA and Casper score)
GPA:c-gpa 3.74 (Orpas) and s-gpa 3.78 (Orpas)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

My GPA is okay but I think my experience is where my strengths are. I took at PTA/OTA diploma program after high school before doing KInesiology and have worked as an assistant for about 6 years. So I have  probably accumulated over 3000 hours in experience in private clinics. Right now I work as an R Kin primarily working with patients with workplace injuries and have been able to gain a lot of treatment plan and assessment experience that I didnt get as a PTA. I've volunteered about 150 hours at a Neuro Rehab clinic in Toronto, working with patients after SCI, TBI, MS, CVA. I also currently volunteer at a Cancer support center, helping out with their cancer exercise program, I was only able to volunteer there a few times before the program was suspended to protect the members from COVID. I think my essays were good and I think they really play up my experience and knowledge of the profession. I used the Kin program head at my school as my reference and a physio that I've worked with for a number of years. 

I was invited to write the CAP for Uoft and the Kira talent interview for Mac. I wasn't confident in my Mac interview and felt like I didn't provide the greatest answers. I just wrote CAP this past weekend and I also don't know how I felt about it afterwards.