Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
ptmandem

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NorthernPTapplicant said:

Also is anyone's "current program"  row updated when they log into their dal application? I don't think mine said anything before but now it says master of science.

Hey mine said master of science ever since I applied lol. I applied to OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OT1996 said:

Hey mine said master of science ever since I applied lol. I applied to OT

Same here! Mine has said MSc the whole time - I applied to PT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey yall! Been lurking on this forum for months and thought I'd finally post. 

Applied for PT: UBC, UofT, Queens, Western, Dal, Manchester Met University (UK), Brunel University (UK)
Accepted: Manchester Met, Brunel
Waitlisted: UBC
Rejected: UofT
GPA: c-gpa of 3.7
 

I'm also definitely worried about the school situation starting in September, especially if I have to move! I'm a BC resident so having such an uncertain future is extremely stressful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhBoyyyy said:

Hey yall! Been lurking on this forum for months and thought I'd finally post. 

Applied for PT: UBC, UofT, Queens, Western, Dal, Manchester Met University (UK), Brunel University (UK)
Accepted: Manchester Met, Brunel
Waitlisted: UBC
Rejected: UofT
GPA: c-gpa of 3.7
 

I'm also definitely worried about the school situation starting in September, especially if I have to move! I'm a BC resident so having such an uncertain future is extremely stressful

Hey congratulations on your acceptances! Is it okay if I pm you? I have a few questions about applying to the uk and the process as a Canadian student. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OhBoyyyy said:

Hey yall! Been lurking on this forum for months and thought I'd finally post. 

Applied for PT: UBC, UofT, Queens, Western, Dal, Manchester Met University (UK), Brunel University (UK)
Accepted: Manchester Met, Brunel
Waitlisted: UBC
Rejected: UofT
GPA: c-gpa of 3.7
 

I'm also definitely worried about the school situation starting in September, especially if I have to move! I'm a BC resident so having such an uncertain future is extremely stressful

I might be going to Brunel in the fall, if that’s what you choose as well pm me! I’m also from BC lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stressedbunny said:

Hey congratulations on your acceptances! Is it okay if I pm you? I have a few questions about applying to the uk and the process as a Canadian student. 

 

8 minutes ago, PTbound07 said:

I might be going to Brunel in the fall, if that’s what you choose as well pm me! I’m also from BC lol 

@stressedbunny yeah for sure! I'm happy to help

@PTbound07 ayyy thats cool! I haven't decided yet because I'm going to try to see if I can get into a Canadian school first, so still playing the waiting game. What a small world though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, OhBoyyyy said:

 

@stressedbunny yeah for sure! I'm happy to help

@PTbound07 ayyy thats cool! I haven't decided yet because I'm going to try to see if I can get into a Canadian school first, so still playing the waiting game. What a small world though!

Hi, can I PM you as well? I also had questions about applying to the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OhBoyyyy said:

Hey yall! Been lurking on this forum for months and thought I'd finally post. 

Applied for PT: UBC, UofT, Queens, Western, Dal, Manchester Met University (UK), Brunel University (UK)
Accepted: Manchester Met, Brunel
Waitlisted: UBC
Rejected: UofT
GPA: c-gpa of 3.7
 

I'm also definitely worried about the school situation starting in September, especially if I have to move! I'm a BC resident so having such an uncertain future is extremely stressful

If you don't mind me asking what was your sub gpa for ORPAS and % for UBC ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 7:20 PM, OT1996 said:

It really is :/ I already took a year off so I didn't want to again and applied to back up programs but don't know what I like besides OT.

 

Has any of the applicants here done a master's or went into other fields (after undergrad) before applying to OT. I need some insight.

Hey, I went on to do a Master's after my undergraduate, once I was rejected from Medical School. After some self reflection, I was able to picture myself becoming an occupational therapist, and using lots of the skills that I learned in my Master's of Science (thesis-based in Anatomy). I think if you can find a topic you are interested in, research is an amazing avenue to open new doors. I have now been accepted into the OT program in Alberta

With that being said, I would warn you that my GPA was not greatly impacted by the work in my Master's. While the experience was great, I think another year or two of undergraduate classes would have had a greater impact on my GPA. As well, careers in academics is a long road, with an unfortunately small level of opportunity and careers, if you want to stay in the country. 

Food for thought! Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 9:20 PM, OT1996 said:

It really is :/ I already took a year off so I didn't want to again and applied to back up programs but don't know what I like besides OT.

 

Has any of the applicants here done a master's or went into other fields (after undergrad) before applying to OT. I need some insight.

After finishing my undergrad in 2016 I went on to do a 1 year MSc (both were science degrees, but not HK related). I was in a nasty car accident while finishing my Masters though, and had to take a fair amount of time off to recover. I've been working for the last two years in another medical field and now I've applied to a few PT programs in Ontario:). Feel free to PM me if you want any advice from my experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get an email from Uottawa asking them to sign up for a french class this summer? They specifically said its not a decision on my application so I am wondering if this is just a way for them to make more money off of people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaskOTCandidate said:

Hey, I went on to do a Master's after my undergraduate, once I was rejected from Medical School. After some self reflection, I was able to picture myself becoming an occupational therapist, and using lots of the skills that I learned in my Master's of Science (thesis-based in Anatomy). I think if you can find a topic you are interested in, research is an amazing avenue to open new doors. I have now been accepted into the OT program in Alberta

With that being said, I would warn you that my GPA was not greatly impacted by the work in my Master's. While the experience was great, I think another year or two of undergraduate classes would have had a greater impact on my GPA. As well, careers in academics is a long road, with an unfortunately small level of opportunity and careers, if you want to stay in the country. 

Food for thought! Good luck.

Can i PM you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaskOTCandidate said:

Hey, I went on to do a Master's after my undergraduate, once I was rejected from Medical School. After some self reflection, I was able to picture myself becoming an occupational therapist, and using lots of the skills that I learned in my Master's of Science (thesis-based in Anatomy). I think if you can find a topic you are interested in, research is an amazing avenue to open new doors. I have now been accepted into the OT program in Alberta

With that being said, I would warn you that my GPA was not greatly impacted by the work in my Master's. While the experience was great, I think another year or two of undergraduate classes would have had a greater impact on my GPA. As well, careers in academics is a long road, with an unfortunately small level of opportunity and careers, if you want to stay in the country. 

Food for thought! Good luck.

I wonder if we apply again after finishing a master degree, will they still look at our undergrad gpa? What kind of master program is good for applying for OT? What about some online programs? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XKIN2019 said:

Did anyone get an email from Uottawa asking them to sign up for a french class this summer? They specifically said its not a decision on my application so I am wondering if this is just a way for them to make more money off of people

Interesting, I didn't get that email (applied to UOttawa PT). The last email I got from them was the covid one in late April. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AspiringPT said:

Interesting, I didn't get that email (applied to UOttawa PT). The last email I got from them was the covid one in late April. 

Mine was in regards to OT and I applied for both so I wonder if it is the OT part of admissions sending it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, XKIN2019 said:

Mine was in regards to OT and I applied for both so I wonder if it is the OT part of admissions sending it out. 

Maybe, I didn't get it either and I applied for PT. They do seem to like making money off the language component though. There's no way they needed to charge $93 for the online French test... it wasn't even proctored! It should have been included in the application fee. Besides the cost for travel, you didn't have to pay to attend the interview in prior years (which the language test and CASPer were replacing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XKIN2019 said:

Did anyone get an email from Uottawa asking them to sign up for a french class this summer? They specifically said its not a decision on my application so I am wondering if this is just a way for them to make more money off of people

I got that email too.. and i am surprised as I'm fairly fluent in french. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, XKIN2019 said:

Are you going to sign up for it then? 

I am unsure yet. It is slightly frustrating that you have to register before we find out about acceptance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FOT19 said:

I am unsure yet. It is slightly frustrating that you have to register before we find out about acceptance. 

Agreed! I only applied to u of O though so I'm kind of stuck. I know OT typically as a program looks for a higher level of french than the PT. I'm also guessing the class will be online but there really isn't alot of info out on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...