Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

On 5/6/2020 at 3:58 PM, rrxxccooll said:

I wonder if we apply again after finishing a master degree, will they still look at our undergrad gpa? What kind of master program is good for applying for OT? What about some online programs? Thanks

Depends on the school, Western does for example, so does alberta for OT. I did a Masters program this past year and that was the difference for me getting in and not getting in, personally.

1 hour ago, MMZ said:

Western considers grad school marks too

I just double checked this on Western's admissions page, and they state among the grades not considered in sGPA calculation are courses from graduate degrees, B.Ed., and diploma programs (among others!)

Edit: Oops, I guess you must have been referring to OT, my comment was only for PT! I just checked the admissions page for OT at Western and it turns out that they DO consider graduate courses for sGPA calculations there. Pardon me for any confusion :) 

I got into Manitoba!! 

Also silly question- I am from Ontario but the regulations for OT are the same across the country right? If I get my education from Manitoba and write the national exam I would just register with the Ontario college of Ots? There isnt some long confusing process like international OTs have to do right?

1 hour ago, OTapplicant1 said:

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone (OOP or IP) has heard anything else from Dal since Monday??

I haven’t yet. Wondering when they’ll send out info for the waitlist/rejections. I hate this weird limbo with the only info I have coming from this forum post 

35 minutes ago, Otdalq said:

I haven’t yet. Wondering when they’ll send out info for the waitlist/rejections. I hate this weird limbo with the only info I have coming from this forum post 

Same.. I haven't been able to get a reply back from anyone. Hopefully next week (fingers crossed!)