Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

2 hours ago, OTmorgs39 said:

I'm also in the same situation! I'm from NL and received unofficial acceptance on the 4th, but nothing else yet. It could be alphabetic (I'm S), or possibly that they haven't received our official final transcripts for the past semester? Hoping we hear something VERY soon!!

Oh yes! I’m just finishing my undergrad this year - has everyone that already heard from FGS graduated before this year??

Hi guys! For those who got an interview, acceptance offers, and/or waitlist offers for UBC PT this year, would you mind telling me your Percent % gpa’s? I’m trying to determine if my gpa stands a chance for another application round or if I should just go to the UK for physio. It’s hard to determine what’s the general gist of gpa’s when it’s on a 4.0/4.3 scale so if you guys could say what your % gpa is, I would really really appreciate it!! :)  

(% gpa’s for recent 30 credits and pre-reqs since that’s what ubc looks at I believe)

2 hours ago, PTbound07 said:

Hi guys! For those who got an interview, acceptance offers, and/or waitlist offers for UBC PT this year, would you mind telling me your Percent % gpa’s? I’m trying to determine if my gpa stands a chance for another application round or if I should just go to the UK for physio. It’s hard to determine what’s the general gist of gpa’s when it’s on a 4.0/4.3 scale so if you guys could say what your % gpa is, I would really really appreciate it!! :)  

(% gpa’s for recent 30 credits and pre-reqs since that’s what ubc looks at I believe)

If you don't mind me asking what other schools did you apply too/ what was your Orpas GPA as well :) 

Is anyone familiar with deferral policies at certain schools for PT (and how they might be impacted or altered due to COVID-19)? Specifically I'm wondering about Western, I've sent several emails over the past two weeks but haven't heard anything back, and haven't found anything in the FAQ or admissions resources that's helpful. I assume the policy in the past has been that no deferrals are granted, but would be interesting to see if changes are made with more and more schools announcing large changes to course delivery!

55 minutes ago, jhall_88xc said:

Is anyone familiar with deferral policies at certain schools for PT (and how they might be impacted or altered due to COVID-19)? Specifically I'm wondering about Western, I've sent several emails over the past two weeks but haven't heard anything back, and haven't found anything in the FAQ or admissions resources that's helpful. I assume the policy in the past has been that no deferrals are granted, but would be interesting to see if changes are made with more and more schools announcing large changes to course delivery!

I'm interested in the deferral policies as well! 

1 hour ago, MP124 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for an update from McGill for OT QY? My application is still under review.  I know they said May/June, but some people have heard back already.  

Yes! I messaged them on the application portal yesterday and they said there are no delays and we will find out in May or June. Unbelievable!

2 hours ago, MP124 said:

Is anyone else still waiting for an update from McGill for OT QY? My application is still under review.  I know they said May/June, but some people have heard back already.  

I got a letter from McGill the first day of May. They said we have until the 15th to either accept or decline the offer. So i think they are waiting until the 15th to maybe send out more acceptance letters (this is just a thought!) 

7 hours ago, jhall_88xc said:

6 hours ago, FuturePT2020 said:

I'm interested in the deferral policies as well! 

https://www.uwo.ca/coronavirus/presidents-updates/ This was posted today from Western's president.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:06 AM, newPT2020 said:

Hello guys, I'm a dal phyiso student currently in a modified summer term of our second year (our placements got pushed to november)

We have a "very important zoom meeting" this thursday in regards to accreditation, I believe. I'll get back to you since not knowing wtf is going on with this school (me too) is a constant theme.

Thanks

Let us know how the zoom meeting went.