Premed 101 Forums
ptmandem

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

5 minutes ago, PT applicant said:

Its almost 4 pm at NS, I think this is probably it for this week. Good luck to us OOP applicants next week I guess. Congrats to everyone that got accepted today:D:D

My friend just got waitlisted and he's OOP

I received an email today that I was waitlisted for Dal PT.  I am OOP from BC, but I will be declining an offer if I get bumped off the waitlist because I already accepted an offer in March to attend UBC!  Congrats to everyone who was accepted!! And for those on the waitlist, have hope--- dreams do come true

People on the DAL PT waitlist.. let’s figure out where we are on the waitlist. Drop your sGPA and how you thought you did on the CASPer below. 
sGPA : 3.92

CASPer : I think I did well on the CASPer , I prepared really well , practiced etc. Hard to tell since we don’t know! 

1 minute ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

People on the DAL PT waitlist.. let’s figure out where we are on the waitlist. Drop your sGPA and how you thought you did on the CASPer below. 

CASPer : I think I did well on the CASPer , I prepared really well , practiced etc. Hard to tell since we don’t know! 

3.9sGPA so I think you'll be ahead of me. I also think I did well for CASPer with prep and practise

Just now, kinestudent23 said:

3.9sGPA so I think you'll be ahead of me. I also think I did well for CASPer with prep and practise

You guys should also add your province because they maintain the seat allocations as they go to the WL

1 minute ago, OTHopes97 said:

You guys should also add your province because they maintain the seat allocations as they go to the WL

This was a question I had that I was going to ask. Do you know that this is a policy for sure? 

5 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Also add your province for seat allocation purposes .

Province: NB

Hi everyone, 

First congrats to all that have received acceptances today. When posting acceptances please include GPA, casper/interview thoughts, OOP or in province ect if you feel comfortable doing this. This goes for any school moving forward. This is to help future applicants to inform them on what GPA's ect typically get accepted into what schools. As someone who used this forum to help guide my chances a few cycles ago it can be very informative! 

Once again congrats to all! 

5 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

This was a question I had that I was going to ask. Do you know that this is a policy for sure? 

Yeah, I heard that the seat allocations are why they don’t release people’s places on the wait list (basically because their place would depend on if ppl from their province or not were the the ones who decline).

19 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Hi I wonder is your GPA is calculated on a 4.3 or 4.0 scale? I wish you best luck.

6 minutes ago, PT applicant said:

Got waitlisted at dal PT as OOP applicant, I will turn down invite even if I get in since already accepted to my first choice. So good luck to anyone waiting for or are on the wait-list of Dal. 

Congrats! Where did you get in? And what was your GPA? Hopefully higher than mine!

3 minutes ago, PT applicant said:

Did u apply to ualberta?

I didn't! I was missing some prerequisites/wanted to upgrade my GPA and decided in mid Jan to apply to Dal since it was the only school that had an application that was still open. I also applied under the Equitable Admissions Policy.

If I don't get into Dal (really hope I do) I'll upgrade and apply to UofA, Dal, Western, and Queens next year...and maybe UofT. 

7 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Congrats! Where did you get in? And what was your GPA? Hopefully higher than mine!

I got into ualberta as an in province applicant. sGPA: 3.91/4.0,   4.0~4.1/4.3(cant remember the exact number). I think I did average on the casper, not satisfied with my performance but not terrible either. If I get an invite, I will turn it down immediately. Good luck to you. 

5 hours ago, HK2018 said:

Hi everyone, 

First congrats to all that have received acceptances today. When posting acceptances please include GPA, casper/interview thoughts, OOP or in province ect if you feel comfortable doing this. This goes for any school moving forward. This is to help future applicants to inform them on what GPA's ect typically get accepted into what schools. As someone who used this forum to help guide my chances a few cycles ago it can be very informative! 

Once again congrats to all! 

GPA: 4.3/4.3

CASPer: Thought the CASPer went very well, found that as long as you have a sound mindset,  and rational situational judgement then it is not bad at all.

Province: NL

44 minutes ago, NL Applicant said:

GPA: 4.3/4.3

CASPer: Thought the CASPer went very well, found that as long as you have a sound mindset,  and rational situational judgement then it is not bad at all.

Province: NL

Which schools did you get accepted to?