Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Is anyone considering emailing Dal PT Admissions to see what spot they are in on the waitlist? 

Those who've been accepted to Dal PT - when is the deadline to accept your offer? Do you know if that date is different for OOP vs. Atlantic students? 

8 hours ago, vp33 said:

Is anyone considering emailing Dal PT Admissions to see what spot they are in on the waitlist? 

Those who've been accepted to Dal PT - when is the deadline to accept your offer? Do you know if that date is different for OOP vs. Atlantic students? 

The deadline to notify Kelly of our decision is May 29. I am not sure if the date is different for OOP or atlantic students but I am Atlantic for reference.

10 hours ago, vp33 said:

I have already emailed and called Kelly Friday. No answer on neither. I’m assuming they sent out the emails and left for the long weekend! Planning on following up tomorrow or Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, NL Applicant said:

The deadline to notify Kelly of our decision is May 29. I am not sure if the date is different for OOP or atlantic students but I am Atlantic for reference.

Wow kind of sucks it’s on the same day that Ontario schools release their decisions. Doesn’t give much time for thinking about your offers. 

For those that got accepted into McGill OT/PT, do you guys know when the deadline is to submit our official transcript and proof of graduation from our institution? The acceptance letter didn't give a specific date on when we need to complete that by but I'm assuming around end of July? 

Let me know if anyone knows! 

Thank you :) 

For those of you accepted to Dal OT,  and who have paid the deposit fee - is anyone able to access the "Web for Students" on Dal Online? I can log in, but there is no link for "Web for Students", which is where we need to go to register, see our account info, etc. If anyone can offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated! :) 

1 minute ago, OTmorgs39 said:

For those of you accepted to Dal OT,  and who have paid the deposit fee - is anyone able to access the "Web for Students" on Dal Online? I can log in, but there is no link for "Web for Students", which is where we need to go to register, see our account info, etc. If anyone can offer some advice, it would be greatly appreciated! :) 

Hi! I paid my deposit and tried to log in but it told me to wait 2-3 days until they receive my payment! Maybe that’s why?!

7 minutes ago, IslandPTgal said:

so does anyone know for sure if the waitlist depends on seat allocations? I am from PEI and on the waitlist for dal PT...and there are only 2 pei seats so just curious to what my odds are like for getting off the waitlist

19 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Hi! I paid my deposit and tried to log in but it told me to wait 2-3 days until they receive my payment! Maybe that’s why?!

21 minutes ago, OTmorgs39 said:

Are you guys all Atlantic?

12 minutes ago, IslandPTgal said:

so does anyone know for sure if the waitlist depends on seat allocations? I am from PEI and on the waitlist for dal PT...and there are only 2 pei seats so just curious to what my odds are like for getting off the waitlist

To my recollections and understandings, the seat allocations are minimums, not maximums. So there has to be at least two students from PEI in the program. There has the potential to be more. I think that when they reach the quota of minimum seat allocations, they will just take the individuals with the highest admissions scores (combination of GPA & CASPer I believe).

23 minutes ago, rrxxccooll said:

Are you guys all Atlantic?

Yep, I'm from NL!

44 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Possibly! I paid on Thursday so I was thinking I would be able to get in by now, but maybe I'm just a little too impatient! :P

47 minutes ago, IslandPTgal said:

The waitlist is different from other schools in that if a PEI student declines, the next PEI student is offered that spot (so they don’t have to be the top spot on the list, just the top from that province. There are also the seats not allocated to a province where they go down the list top to bottom and province doesn’t matter. So say the top 3 applicants on the WL are from PEI, then if 3 of the unallocated seats decline, there would be 5 PEI students in the program.