Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

21 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Has anyone been able to contact Kelly (PT admissions) via email concerning the waitlist? I haven’t had a reply from her yet and her phone says she’s out of the office and can be reached by email. 

I haven’t heard back from her either. And sent an email on Friday 

40 minutes ago, OThopeful97 said:

Did everyone receive an email from Western on Friday (May 15th) saying to activate your Western identity prior to admission decisions on May 29th? 

Yes! I received one for my OT application and one for my PT application. I already activated my account months ago.

Hi guys,

Dalhousie's FAQ  document states:

It is your responsibility to ensure that your final transcripts for all “in-progress” courses are received by the School of Occupational Therapy by June 15th. Transcripts received after this date will not be considered by the Admissions Committee.  

For those of us that have not received ANY indication yet of whether we got in or not, are we also supposed to send in our transcripts? Im from Ontario and I figure it is going to take a long time for my transcript to reach by June 15. Everytime I email them they don't respond properly. 

I am also extremely frustrated at this point and wondering whether I should just expect a rejection from McGill and Dal? I have offers from other programs and I need to put down deposits and send in transcripts (which also cost money). Im not sure what to do and whether to keep waiting around including for the May 29 date for Ontario schools. Anyone in the same place? 

50 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Hi guys,

It is your responsibility to ensure that your final transcripts for all “in-progress” courses are received by the School of Occupational Therapy by June 15th. Transcripts received after this date will not be considered by the Admissions Committee.  

For those of us that have not received ANY indication yet of whether we got in or not, are we also supposed to send in our transcripts? Im from Ontario and I figure it is going to take a long time for my transcript to reach by June 15. Everytime I email them they don't respond properly. 

I am also extremely frustrated at this point and wondering whether I should just expect a rejection from McGill and Dal? I have offers from other programs and I need to put down deposits and send in transcripts (which also cost money). Im not sure what to do and whether to keep waiting around including for the May 29 date for Ontario schools. Anyone in the same place? 

Maybe we will hear after June 15?

1 hour ago, OT1996 said:

Hi guys,

I’ve been thinking the same thing and I’m not really sure. I haven’t heard back either and agreed feeling frustrated. I assumed I would’ve heard back at least about being waitlisted or rejected by this point. Honestly about to be realllly frustrated if I’m not waitlisted. My GPA and pre-req classes I feel like have to be high enough to be waitlisted and if not.. idek. I’m probably going to wait until next week to hear back first (I emailed OT admissions). Since you’re in Ontario I think you’re definitely safe to wait until the end of the month before sending them - so maybe wait another week or so before sending transcripts in case they get back to you. Hope everything works out for you! 

11 minutes ago, Otdalq said:

I’ve been thinking the same thing and I’m not really sure. I haven’t heard back either and agreed feeling frustrated. I assumed I would’ve heard back at least about being waitlisted or rejected by this point. Honestly about to be realllly frustrated if I’m not waitlisted. My GPA and pre-req classes I feel like have to be high enough to be waitlisted and if not.. idek. I’m probably going to wait until next week to hear back first (I emailed OT admissions). Since you’re in Ontario I think you’re definitely safe to wait until the end of the month before sending them - so maybe wait another week or so before sending transcripts in case they get back to you. Hope everything works out for you! 

Are you Atlantic?

19 hours ago, PTPebbles said:

Yes! I received one for my OT application and one for my PT application. I already activated my account months ago.

Really? I applied to Western PT but do not recall getting an email about activating my account. When did you receive your email?

Hey everyone. New to this forum here so I thought I would share to help others in the future. Got an e-mail on Friday that I am waitlisted to Dal PT as an NS resident. I applied with a 3.91/4.3 sGPA. I have no idea how I did on the CASper. Some of the questions kind of got to me and I feel I was a little scattered answer wise as we only had 5 minutes per question.

Dal is the only school I applied to so hoping for some movement on the waitlist! Does anybody know how much movement it's had in past years?

Also, congrats to everybody who got accepted and to those who didn't get good news, if you really want to be PT/OT it will happen for you!

1 hour ago, PTAnonymous2022 said:

Hey everyone. New to this forum here so I thought I would share to help others in the future. Got an e-mail on Friday that I am waitlisted to Dal PT as an NS resident. I applied with a 3.91/4.3 sGPA. I have no idea how I did on the CASper. Some of the questions kind of got to me and I feel I was a little scattered answer wise as we only had 5 minutes per question.

Dal is the only school I applied to so hoping for some movement on the waitlist! Does anybody know how much movement it's had in past years?

Also, congrats to everybody who got accepted and to those who didn't get good news, if you really want to be PT/OT it will happen for you!

Hey! Same GPA and also on waitlist! Hoping for some movement as well! Good luck!