Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

7 minutes ago, Rehabgirl said:

If anyones considering UofT, will you move downtown even if classes are online? I dont wanna pay expensive rent if things are online and I could do it from home...

Yes. The rent is expensive. You can commute by subway , but it’s not convenient, up to you

23 minutes ago, Othopeful13 said:

I received an email from Dal (OT) an hour ago and got waitlisted. I’m from BC so OOP applicants should have received an email? 

I wonder if all oops compete with each other no matter which province they come from? Like bc applicant compete with bc, Ontario, Alberta applicants except Atlantic applicant?

25 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

I never received anything :/ I'm not sure what they're doing really...

Same here. I'm an Atlantic student and never heard a word about my application (along with several unanswered emails). A little frustrating, but given the circumstances I guess I just need to be patient haha

1 hour ago, rrxxccooll said:

I wonder if all oops compete with each other no matter which province they come from? Like bc applicant compete with bc, Ontario, Alberta applicants except Atlantic applicant?

there are no reserved seats for students other than the atlantic provinces (Example, no seats specifically reserved for BC citizens). 

When they reach the atlantic province minimums, they will fill the rest of the seats to applicants with the strongest applications, regardless of their province. 

So to answer your question, yes the OOP's compete with each other regardless of province. However, it should be noted that they also compete with the atlantic province students that did not meet the minimum quota, but still have an opportunity to be accepted to fill the rest of the seats in the program.

Edited by FuturePT2020
further clarification

1 minute ago, FuturePT2020 said:

there are no reserved seats for students other than the atlantic provinces (Example, no seats specifically reserved for BC citizens). 

When they reach the atlantic province minimums, they will fill the rest of the seats to applicants with the strongest applications, regardless of their province. 

So do you think that they are still going through the Atlantic applicants and that's why others haven't heard yet? 

Someone on here said that their application got lost last year so I am thinking if we don't hear back by June we should probably call them or something

5 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

So do you think that they are still going through the Atlantic applicants and that's why others haven't heard yet? 

Someone on here said that their application got lost last year so I am thinking if we don't hear back by June we should probably call them or something

I'd imagine they are trying to fill or almost entirely fill the quotas before moving on to the rest of the seats. I do not know this for sure though, I'm just speculating. 

I know for PT we have until the 29th of May to make a decision, so as they hear back from some of the applicants they will know where they are in the quotas. That is the same date that the ORPAS releases PT & OT admissions so I'd imagine most movement will occur after the ontario schools release their admissions. 

Hey all - I have a Dal OT question:

I am just completing a prerequisite course, but have not received any emails about admissions from Dal OT. I am an OOP applicant. Should we only send transcripts for prerequisites if we have been accepted or are on the waitlist? Or do you think they'd like us to send transcripts of completed courses regardless of whether we have been sent a decision or not? I emailed their department, but wanted to ask here as well, in case some of you already know the answer :)

1 hour ago, Future OT Hopeful said:

Hey all - I have a Dal OT question:

I am just completing a prerequisite course, but have not received any emails about admissions from Dal OT. I am an OOP applicant. Should we only send transcripts for prerequisites if we have been accepted or are on the waitlist? Or do you think they'd like us to send transcripts of completed courses regardless of whether we have been sent a decision or not? I emailed their department, but wanted to ask here as well, in case some of you already know the answer :)

Hey I'm not too sure I emailed them as well and all they said was email your transcripts. I am a bit worried because on their FAQ document it said if final transcripts aren't in by June 15 you won't be considered or something like that. But that was probably written before COVID. It just seems like a waste to pay for a transcript if we might end up getting rejected. Everything with them seems so disorganized and not clear ...

5 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Hey I'm not too sure I emailed them as well and all they said was email your transcripts. I am a bit worried because on their FAQ document it said if final transcripts aren't in by June 15 you won't be considered or something like that. But that was probably written before COVID. It just seems like a waste to pay for a transcript if we might end up getting rejected. Everything with them seems so disorganized and not clear ...

Yes - it's a super complicated time. When I went to the sign-in page to check the status of my application (the Admissions Login), it says the following:

We are currently receiving documents by email only.

Please note:

Dalhousie University is committed to supporting students whose application process is impacted by COVID-19. Due to widespread difficulty in obtaining required documentation (official transcripts, English proficiency test scores) due to closures of schools and test centers, we are making the following allowances:

Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts will be accepted from students by email only for use in evaluating their application (this also applies to students seeking transfer credit assessment), with the understanding that any admission decision is subject to a review of official transcripts when they are available from the granting institution. Please note that we are not able to receive documents by mail or courier until further notice.

Because of this, I believe they will have some grace with receiving documents. I think it will be okay to have them emailed in if accepted/waitlisted, and then have the more official transcripts sent later. That's just my hunch :)