Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

1 hour ago, camipt2020 said:

Hey there,

I see on my ACORN that it says invited. I think that means I got in. Anyone else?

I applied to PT and I'm not a UofT alumni.

Hey!! congrats!!! do you mind sharing your ORPAS sub gap and cumulative gpa? so others, including myself, can have an idea of where we may stand :) 

5 minutes ago, PT!!!! said:

Hey!! congrats!!! do you mind sharing your ORPAS sub gap and cumulative gpa? so others, including myself, can have an idea of where we may stand :) 

Of course.

My overall is 3.93 and sgpa 3.92

But, this is my second time applying and last year I didn't even get past casper, even with the same gpa.

I believe that this last year has helped me grow a lot, do some introspection on what I want and, in turn, how to get there. I read books (highly recommend Growth mindset by Dweck), got a job as a personal trainer, and volunteered at 2 hospitals. So, even though gpa is important, it only opens the door. 

8 minutes ago, camipt2020 said:

Of course.

My overall is 3.93 and sgpa 3.92

But, this is my second time applying and last year I didn't even get past casper, even with the same gpa.

I believe that this last year has helped me grow a lot, do some introspection on what I want and, in turn, how to get there. I read books (highly recommend Growth mindset by Dweck), got a job as a personal trainer, and volunteered at 2 hospitals. So, even though gpa is important, it only opens the door. 

Thats awesome! Great insight!

1 hour ago, ot2020!! said:

Has anyone's ACORN who applied to OT at UofT updated yet? I have access to my ACORN account because I applied there for my bachelors and I recieved an email back then on how to activate my ACORN! 

I just activated by account using JOINid information UofT sent me 6 years ago. All it tells me is "You are not currently enrolled in any programs."

Did you (or anyone else) receive anything when you logged in? Not sure if I am looking in the right account or place. 

24 minutes ago, ptmandem said:

Just to confirm for PT in Ontario, will we find out about decisions on May 29th at midnight (12:00am)?

Just asked ORPAS, I applied for OT, but they said it really depends on when the schools send in their offer files - they can start appearing as early as midnight but continue to appear throughout the day - so I guess any time on the 29th! Hope this helps 

9 minutes ago, PTapplicant. said:

I just activated by account using JOINid information UofT sent me 6 years ago. All it tells me is "You are not currently enrolled in any programs."

Did you (or anyone else) receive anything when you logged in? Not sure if I am looking in the right account or place. 

Hey, when I was activating my account I remember it asked for my ORPAS number? So I’m assuming it’s the right account. But I also have that message on my account! 

15 minutes ago, PTapplicant. said:

I tried activating my account from 5 years ago but for some reason it wont let me activate it. Did you apply for an undergraduate program back then? 

13 minutes ago, ot2020!! said:

Hey, when I was activating my account I remember it asked for my ORPAS number? So I’m assuming it’s the right account. But I also have that message on my account! 

Hey, same! I'm guessing it's like Pls_OT_12 said- ACORN can be glitchy. Hopefully only some accounts were updated?

10 minutes ago, ptmandem said:

I tried activating my account from 5 years ago but for some reason it wont let me activate it. Did you apply for an undergraduate program back then? 

Hey, yeah it was for undergrad. I had a few error messages too but eventually was able have it approved. I only have access to the ACORN platform.

3 hours ago, camipt2020 said:

Hey there,

I see on my ACORN that it says invited. I think that means I got in. Anyone else?

I applied to PT and I'm not a UofT alumni.

Hey,

Can you please send a screenshot of it? I have access to my ACORN because I applied to another program but I'm not sure where to find the status.

9 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Hey,

Can you please send a screenshot of it? I have access to my ACORN because I applied to another program but I'm not sure where to find the status.

I don't feel comfortable with that.

I can tell you though that it's in the first page that comes up when you log in, the Dashboard, in the lower left part of the screen under Academics.

It says Degree Registration Status and under that, PT 2020-2021 Invited

Hope that helps.

As some people said, if you don't see it, don't worry. We don't really know how they're updating these things.

1 hour ago, camipt2020 said:

I don't feel comfortable with that.

I can tell you though that it's in the first page that comes up when you log in, the Dashboard, in the lower left part of the screen under Academics.

It says Degree Registration Status and under that, PT 2020-2021 Invited

Hope that helps.

As some people said, if you don't see it, don't worry. We don't really know how they're updating these things.

Thank you! I see invited as well!

Has anybody who received "invited" in the past not gotten in when official acceptances came out?

Edited by OT1996

For all of the people who applied to Ontario OT schools have you decided which university you will attend if accepted on Friday? I applied to UofT, Queens, and McMaster and I was wondering what factors people take into account when making their decisions. Thanks!