Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

7 hours ago, camipt2020 said:

I got an email weeks ago about how to log into my ACORN. 

You need your student number and orpas number.

There's also some comments from a couple of weeks ago about this and from last year's thread as well.

Was this the same platform and login that we used for the CAP? Or do only UoT students have access to ACORN? Sorry, still not clear on what ACORN actually is. 

8 hours ago, XKIN2019 said:

Does anyone know if other schools besides U of T lowkey show acceptance a bit early like on "acorn" equivalent? 

I haven't seen any changes on the Mosaic platform for McMaster, but that's just me. Does anyone know if the application status on Mosaic historically changes before the ORPAS's invites go out? 

1 hour ago, GivinPTaShot said:

I haven't seen any changes on the Mosaic platform for McMaster, but that's just me. Does anyone know if the application status on Mosaic historically changes before the ORPAS's invites go out? 

I have only ever heard of acorn and UofT having this glitch in the early acceptances, queens PT one cycle had a small glitch but I have not heard of any other schools having this (ie mosaic for McMaster)

U of T OT: I did not receive an email about registering on Acorn for OT, but I applied to another program at U of T (not Masters) and registered on Acorn for that. I just logged on and OT is there as well and it says "Invited" and that I am required to make a minimum payment. Sort of freaking out...does this mean I am accepted or is this just the default for all applicants? 

19 minutes ago, OThopeful2020 said:

U of T OT: I did not receive an email about registering on Acorn for OT, but I applied to another program at U of T (not Masters) and registered on Acorn for that. I just logged on and OT is there as well and it says "Invited" and that I am required to make a minimum payment. Sort of freaking out...does this mean I am accepted or is this just the default for all applicants? 

Hey, I also applied to UofT for OT and I don't have any invite notification on ACORN! So I dont think its the default. From what I've read in past forums, an invite on ACORN does usually mean you've been accepted into the program. Congrats!! 

4 minutes ago, ot2020!! said:

Hey, I also applied to UofT for OT and I don't have any invite notification on ACORN! So I dont think its the default. From what I've read in past forums, an invite on ACORN does usually mean you've been accepted into the program. Congrats!! 

Thanks for your reply! That's interesting. Maybe it could still just be a glitch for some accounts? I'm hesitant to even celebrate this yet haha.

15 minutes ago, Otdalq said:

So do y’all think dal is literally ever going to email me about waitlist/rejection or is OT admissions ever going to respond to my email I sent and resent twice? 

I sent them an email too and they didn’t respond, which is not a good sign I feel(they usually respond to prospective students):huh:

1 hour ago, PT!!!! said:

I was accepted, however, they extended the deadline to June 12th so you may know more after that date 

Makes sense! Thanks for getting back to me. Have some rejections been given out as well? Or just acceptances? Basically is me not hearing anything from the school mean I'm on a waitlist or nah?