Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
ptmandem

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Recommended Posts

Hey guys! I was wondering whether the schools look at if your courses are upper year or first/second year courses in your final semester? These would be the ones included in a sub-gpa and I was wondering if it affected anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MiaOT said:

Hey guys! I was wondering whether the schools look at if your courses are upper year or first/second year courses in your final semester? These would be the ones included in a sub-gpa and I was wondering if it affected anything. 

I think they care more about whether you took a full course load or not as opposed to whether the courses were upper year or first/second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OT-2020 said:

I think they care more about whether you took a full course load or not as opposed to whether the courses were upper year or first/second. 

Okay great... Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OT1996 said:

We are almost at the finish line, going to find out tomorrow midnight!!

What factors is everyone considering for which Ontario schools they would choose? I am trying to think about it now since we only get 2 weeks to accept our offer. For those that got "invited" for UofT what are your thoughts on going to the Mississauga campus? 

My first choice is UofT because it's close to home and I can easily commute. UTM isn't ideal for me tbh, but I would still be open to it.

Does it say on Acorn whether the acceptance is for UTM or St. George? I couldn't find that bit of information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, just one more day!! Hang in there, guys!! :)

As offers are released around midnight, does anyone know if this is according to EST? I'm from Alberta so I'm wondering if I should start checking at around 10pm MST!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OTplz2020 said:

Ahh, just one more day!! Hang in there, guys!! :)

As offers are released around midnight, does anyone know if this is according to EST? I'm from Alberta so I'm wondering if I should start checking at around 10pm MST!

 

I am pretty sure it would be EST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone accepted to Dal OT...who did you email to accept your offer of admission (OTadmissions@dal.ca)? Also, has anyone done anything additional to paying your deposit and emailing to accept the offer? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OTHopes97 said:

Anyone accepted to Dal OT...who did you email to accept your offer of admission (OTadmissions@dal.ca)? Also, has anyone done anything additional to paying your deposit and emailing to accept the offer? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything!

Hi! I also emailed that same email my unofficial transcript! And I signed into my dal online and signed up for classes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PTOTHOPEFUL said:

Hi! I also emailed that same email my unofficial transcript! And I signed into my dal online and signed up for classes 

Oh okay! I didn’t realize we could do the block registration yet!

Also (meant to add this) did they answer your email about accepting?? I got the auto-reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OccupationalTherpay2020 said:

@PTOTHOPEFUL @OTHopes97 Hey guys! I emailed OTadmissions to accept my offer of admission and send my transcript. I also paid my deposit but that is as far as I've gone. I didn't know we were able to sign up for classes yet. I get an 'error' message when I try to register for block registration. 

I’m going to wait to do class registration until we hear from them again. Did they answer your email? I got an auto-reply and I want to make sure they see it before June 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OccupationalTherpay2020 said:

@OTHopes97 I'm in the same boat as you! They didn't get back to me either- just the auto-reply as well. If you do click block registration, does it let you continue you or give you an 'error' message too? 

I haven’t tried yet. I can later and let you know if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 9:11 PM, OThopeful2020 said:

Thanks for your reply! That's interesting. Maybe it could still just be a glitch for some accounts? I'm hesitant to even celebrate this yet haha.

Hey! I got the same "invited" notification on Acorn last year and was offered an acceptance so you can start celebrating ahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! I applied this round but I honestly don't think I will get it because of an unfortunate grade on my transcript that ruined my subGPA. I have been working for the past two years, taking courses to push it out of my subGPA so I need a couple more courses to do that. Anyways, I've only tried applying to Ontario schools so for my next attempt I want to apply to more schools across Canada to increase my chances, even though my preference is to stay in the province. Can anyone give me insight on applying to outside-ontario schools? It is quite intimidating for me, but I want to be a PT so much that I have to give it a shot. Any help is appreciated :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...