Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

52 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

Is it safe to say that if you didn’t get an ACORN sign in, you’re not getting in to UofT? I only got Western sign in info.

I wouldn't say that! We won't know until tonight so don't give up hope! Acorn can be glitchy, there's still a chance :)

5 hours ago, J.H said:

Definitely check out the different pre-reqs and program lengths, but also check out residency requirements. What U of A considers an Albertan applicant, and what U of S considers a Saskatchewan residents are a bit different. 

If cost of living is important, check out the differences between cities. I'd love to be on the west coast and go to UBC, but a) I don't have physics and b) living in Vancouver is not within my budget.

You may not have a lot of extra time when in school, but if there are activities that you love to do, like kayaking or skiing or biking, check out their availability near the schools you're most interested in, or if there are local groups that you can join. It makes it a bit less intimidating to move to a completely new place. Plus, with all the stress of school, we all need a little bit of fun. 

You got this!

This is great, thank you for the help! Do you know if UBC accepts courses like biomechanics as a substitute for physics?

29 minutes ago, PT PT PT said:

This is great, thank you for the help! Do you know if UBC accepts courses like biomechanics as a substitute for physics?

https://physicaltherapy.med.ubc.ca/prospective-students-2/mpt-admissions/admission-requirements/

Physics: any one-term/half-year 3-credit course of university-level physics or Physics 12 (or out-of-province equivalent Grade 12 physics). We do not require that you complete a lab component. Bio-mechanics will not be accepted to cover this prerequisite.

2 minutes ago, PTPTPT12345 said:

https://physicaltherapy.med.ubc.ca/prospective-students-2/mpt-admissions/admission-requirements/

Physics: any one-term/half-year 3-credit course of university-level physics or Physics 12 (or out-of-province equivalent Grade 12 physics). We do not require that you complete a lab component. Bio-mechanics will not be accepted to cover this prerequisite.

darn it. Thank you!

Mine says MSOT2 as well - I hope it's not UTM!

2 hours left - the SUSPENSE!!

@jammerz , where did you read that? I feel like I've only read the opposite, and that the employment rate in Canada is something like 95%. Would be so interested to see if any current practicing OTs or OT students can comment! :)

Edit: Tried to remember where I saw that statistic, it was from a post by CAOT:

image.thumb.png.578c85391ce77b7e5ffcbd56fc5bb5a3.png