Premed 101 Forums
ptmandem

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

42 minutes ago, MJ789 said:

Is Dal OT accepting official transcripts by mail? or is there another process?

I emailed Kelly and she said for now you can email your unofficial transcripts. I assume they don’t have access to campus so they won’t receive any mail  there either. 

1 hour ago, Physio2022 said:

I'm planning to accept my UofT offer for PT. The email they sent us and on the SGS website mentioned that they are still monitoring the situation and hopes to return to in-person class in fall. I was wondering where did you find out that UofT OT will be online for the first term?

It was in the information sheet they sent in the acceptance email last night! Says all UofT term 1 courses will be online in the first term for incoming students and hybrid (online/in-class) for term 2. 

3 hours ago, XKIN2019 said:

Uottawa friends they sent out the email saying a decision has been made but my uzone has nothing on it. Anyone els have the same thing?

Mine this morning said "admitted", and there was an official letter attached. However, now it is saying "under evaluation", not sure why it switched back to that. A little nervous now... 

Hi everyone! This morning I got 4 emails from OttawaU about decisions being made on uozone (2 for pt, 2 for ot). The first time I logged in my status for OT was ‘admitted’, while the one for PT was ‘under evaluation’. I logged out and about 45 minutes later logged back in to see if the status for PT had changed, but it hadn’t, while the one for OT went back to being ‘under evaluation’. Anyone else experiencing this similar situation?

11 minutes ago, FOT19 said:

Mine this morning said "admitted", and there was an official letter attached. However, now it is saying "under evaluation", not sure why it switched back to that. A little nervous now... 

Mine did the same thing! I downloaded the letter though so thats one thing I suppose!

1 minute ago, Pt-Ot-hopeful-88 said:

Hi everyone! This morning I got 4 emails from OttawaU about decisions being made on uozone (2 for pt, 2 for ot). The first time I logged in my status for OT was ‘admitted’, while the one for PT was ‘under evaluation’. I logged out and about 45 minutes later logged back in to see if the status for PT had changed, but it hadn’t, while the one for OT went back to being ‘under evaluation’. Anyone else experiencing this similar situation?

Honestly don't worry the letter has a signature on it so I think you're admitted. The same thing happened to me so I shot them an email. I herd that uottawa has been having some issues with their system so it's probably a glitch. 

1 minute ago, XKIN2019 said:

Mine did the same thing! I downloaded the letter though so thats one thing I suppose!

Same here, I saved my letter just in case. Super odd this would happen though.... Lets hope it is just a glitch. 

Just now, FOT19 said:

Same here, I saved my letter just in case. Super odd this would happen though.... Lets hope it is just a glitch. 

I don't think they can revoke the offer once the letter has been given. It's signed by the academic provost and addressed to you. I don't think they made a bunch of extra letters so I think it is safe to say we are in!! One thing though, is the letter says the deposit is due monday so I'm not sure how we pay it if the system is not working.

24 minutes ago, Othopeful13 said:

It was in the information sheet they sent in the acceptance email last night! Says all UofT term 1 courses will be online in the first term for incoming students and hybrid (online/in-class) for term 2. 

I wonder if this means PT will be online as well. 

1 minute ago, XKIN2019 said:

I don't think they can revoke the offer once the letter has been given. It's signed by the academic provost and addressed to you. I don't think they made a bunch of extra letters so I think it is safe to say we are in!! One thing though, is the letter says the deposit is due monday so I'm not sure how we pay it if the system is not working.

I think they made a mistake on the letter for the deposit because in some spots it says June 1st and some it says June 19th. Im assuming we have until June 19th. 

1 minute ago, FOT19 said:

I think they made a mistake on the letter for the deposit because in some spots it says June 1st and some it says June 19th. Im assuming we have until June 19th. 

I was wondering that especially because I got into both programs I thought maybe the deposit transfers between the two. I sent them an email anyways I am pretty worried about my transcript getting to ORPAS for june 30th via snail mail. 

1 hour ago, Sasi said:

I just got rejected from Queens OT. Does anyone know if it matters that my education is from outside Canada? I'm puzzled because my WES equivalent GPA was 3.86 and I had a ton of Canadian volunteer experience.

Does anyone know an international candidate in their OT/PT program? Should I just give up?

I was accepted to Alberta & U of T and am high on the waitlist for Mac (#2) and Western (upper). I was riding a high until I was rejected by Queen's which was my top choice! U of T and Queen's had the exact same application and I'm still super confused and upset about why I was rejected. I don't think it is because you're international. The process is very confusing because all schools are looking for different things and we don't know what those things are! I don't think it would hurt to apply again and maybe ask them if they can help with your application for the following year (I know some graduate programs offer this). Best of luck and keep your head up! 

3 hours ago, Rehabgirl said:

Awesome congrats! Are you gonna be accepting UofT, or elsewhere? And can you see it in ACORN?

I don’t know yet. I’ve been accepted to UoT and Mac. I think my decision may partly depend on how they plan to modify their programs to deal with the pandemic, but I don’t know if they even know yet. 

UOttawa friends I got an email back from Vanessa and she said they are trying to change the deposit due date and that is why the system is glitching so don't worry and keep an eye out on Uzone

Hey everyone. I've been following this forum for years and now I'm so happy that I can provide my own input to future students coming through! If any prospective PT students would like to ask me any questions, go ahead! I plan to check the forum off and on in the future.

Applied + (PT or OT?): All PT - Dal, McGill, Queen's, U of T, McMaster and Western University 
Accepted: Queen's, Dal
Waitlisted: U of T, Western 
Rejected: McMaster
Awaiting Response: McGill
s-GPA: 3.91
c-GPA: 3.85
4.3 Scale GPA (dal): 4.15/4.3
First time applicant from one of the Atlantic Provinces.

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I worked as a Physiotherapy Assistant for 8 months (~1500 hours), great hands on experience working and volunteering with individuals with cognitive and visual disabilities (~600 hours). I had a strong professional reference who I knew very well (a physio), but I'm not as sure how strong my academic reference was. I was most confident with my Queen's application. It felt like their questions gave me the best opportunity to showcase my strengths. As for school's with interviews: Dal's interview was cancelled due to covid-19. I did not feel good about my McMaster interview and it showed lol. I felt like a wrote a strong CAP, so I feel optimistic towards U of T. 

I am ecstatic that I got into Queen's as it my top choice! I will be accepting Queen's offer, so that should move the U of T and Western waitlists (depending how far down I was). I would appreciate to connect with other students that just got accepted to Queen's, so feel free to message me. 

1 hour ago, OTmorgs39 said:

I emailed Kelly and she said for now you can email your unofficial transcripts. I assume they don’t have access to campus so they won’t receive any mail  there either. 

Just to OTadmission@dal.ca? I swear my emails must be going to junk or something, I was waitlisted and asked if unofficial via email was OK but they never responded to me lmao so thanks for posting this! 

41 minutes ago, Walrus08 said:

I was accepted to Alberta & U of T and am high on the waitlist for Mac (#2) and Western (upper). I was riding a high until I was rejected by Queen's which was my top choice! U of T and Queen's had the exact same application and I'm still super confused and upset about why I was rejected. I don't think it is because you're international. The process is very confusing because all schools are looking for different things and we don't know what those things are! I don't think it would hurt to apply again and maybe ask them if they can help with your application for the following year (I know some graduate programs offer this). Best of luck and keep your head up! 

Thanks for your reply. I will try to get a feedback from them.

**OT

Waitlisted: U of T and Alberta

Rejected: Western and UBC (after interview)

sgpa: 3.64 

my ORPAS sgpa is a little lower than I was expecting . I just graduated this April therefore the avg of my 2nd year grades was counted.

Anyone now how many spots are on the U of T waitlist and movement? 

1 hour ago, eastcoastpt said:

Someone may have said this and I missed it with the influx of posts, but where do you see what campus you’ve been accepted to for UofT?

You should receive an email from UofT with the campus assignment at the top.

31 minutes ago, XKIN2019 said:

UOttawa friends I got an email back from Vanessa and she said they are trying to change the deposit due date and that is why the system is glitching so don't worry and keep an eye out on Uzone

Do you mean change the date to the 19th? Also is this for PT or OT, or both? My acceptance letter says the deposit must be made by “June 1”, and I’m on waitlist for another school, so I’d like to not have to pay it if I won’t be attending uO.

2 hours ago, Physio2022 said:

I'm planning to accept my UofT offer for PT. The email they sent us and on the SGS website mentioned that they are still monitoring the situation and hopes to return to in-person class in fall. I was wondering where did you find out that UofT OT will be online for the first term?

It was in the email that linked to a separate document and they said it will be all online for first term 

32 minutes ago, Otdalq said:

Just to OTadmission@dal.ca? I swear my emails must be going to junk or something, I was waitlisted and asked if unofficial via email was OK but they never responded to me lmao so thanks for posting this! 

Yeah! It was a couple of weeks ago that I emailed, and it took a while to get a response :P And I didn’t receive confirmation or anything saying they received my transcript via email, so I wouldn’t worry if you don’t hear back from them afterwards!!

Putting this here for future students!

Applied + (PT): Queens, Western, Toronto, and McMaster (all PT).
Accepted: Western and Queens
Waitlisted:
Rejected: McMaster and Toronto
GPA: cGPAa 3.33  and sGPA 3.86
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
PT experience: Long term care (geriatric), physiotherapy clinic (adults & pediatrics), clinical research (older adults), and exercise assistant (independent active older adults). 
Non-PT experience: Club President of a club, Vice President Communications of a club, Founder of a club, and Team Leader for student mentorship program at my school. 

Strong reference from Professor I worked in the lab for 2.5 years and a strong reference from my long term care supervisor.

UPDATE: just wrote CASPer and feeling decent about it. 

Applied + (PT): Queens, Western, Toronto, Dal, and McMaster (all PT).
Accepted: Western, McMaster, Dal, Queens
Waitlisted: Toronto

sGPA:3.92

I will be accepting Western. Just a head's up to people, my friend went to Dal and she said that apparently a bunch of people failed a course and as a result they held back the students.