Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
ptmandem

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, PikaPikaPTChu said:

BC resident here! Also accepted to Brunel so at least I know I can start in September! Waitlisted for UBC and the wait is killing me :(

Ayy we're literally in the exact same boat! BC resident waitlisted for UBC PT and accepted to Brunel as a backup. All this waiting is really showing me the extent of my patience ahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Otdalq said:

Are you emailing OTadmissions@dal or Kelly directly? They never answer my emails and I want to know my place on the waitlist too :( I’m also from PEI so I feel you.. I can’t imagine someone not accepting from PEI 

I emailed Ptadmissions@dal last week and Kelly responded to me last night. Yeah it is pretty discouraging because I wouldn't think any PEI applicant would decline their offer....are you waitlisted or accepted to any other school for OT? I am on the upper third waitlist for Western PT and am hoping for the best!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, oohtea said:

Anyone here interviewed for UBC MOT program? 

I'm an international student about to have my interview soon (delayed due to COVID). I have massive anxiety when it comes to interviews so I'd appreciate any pointers about the interview and the directions I should prepare for. So far, I've reviewed my personal experience and prepared for some CASPer-like situational questions. Are there any technical questions/trickier ones that are out of the standard MMI?

Thanks!

Hey, I did! Yes think of scenarios from your personal life that can answer interview questions (ex: leadership, a time where you had conflict). I would also think about relevant definitions and how they relate to OT, such as diversity and equality. Moreover, have a few reasons of why you want to be OT. Also try to think of 2-3 questions to ask the interviewers at the end :) I would also ensure your answers are concise and that you are actually answering the question instead of rambling. I wish you good luck!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, UofTPT! said:

Did you ever end up emailing them? I never got an email for an ACORN login either and it’s really freaking me out 

I did! Didn't hear back from them yet. They sent an automatic reply saying that it may be several days before they respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kinptenthusiast said:

Anyone have any idea how long the Queens waitlist is for PT? Does anyone have experience making it into Queens PT from the waitlist (from previous years) and any idea of how long that would take? :)

I'm wondering the same thing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, IslandPTgal said:

I emailed Ptadmissions@dal last week and Kelly responded to me last night. Yeah it is pretty discouraging because I wouldn't think any PEI applicant would decline their offer....are you waitlisted or accepted to any other school for OT? I am on the upper third waitlist for Western PT and am hoping for the best!!

Oh my bad girl, I didn’t even realize your username was PT not OT. I only applied to dal because I wasn’t really concerned about it, thinking that if I didn’t get in then I could make some $$ working and spend a few months travelling before reapplying to more schools for 2021. Clearly that plan backfired with covid.. hopefully it works out for you though - maybe PEI folks will be concerned with accreditation for dal DT and choose Ontario schools instead! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OhBoyyyy said:

Ayy we're literally in the exact same boat! BC resident waitlisted for UBC PT and accepted to Brunel as a backup. All this waiting is really showing me the extent of my patience ahaha

Well at least now I know I got a friend to move to Brunel with hahaha! (If I end up going :p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any Atlantic residents still not heard back from Dal for OT..? I have received offers for schools outside of the Maritimes, but would ideally like to hear back from Dal before making my decision (as Dal is, or was, my first choice). Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? Seems to be quite chaotic there.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OhBoyyyy @PikaPikaPTChu Can I ask which day you received your email that you were on the waitlist for UBC PT? I received mine on April 21. I have heard others got their waitlist offers on March 31. I think that the day you received your waitlist offer may have some relation to where you are on the list but I could be wrong. The wait is also killing me haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rrxxccooll said:

Hi everyone, I don’t think I will get admitted to OT program this year. But I did get into nursing . I wonder if it is helpful to get into OT as an experienced nurse? Any input would be appreciated.

From my experience, I applied to PT 3x in the past and was unsuccessful and am now pursuing nursing and I actually love it! There is so much you can do in nursing that I never realized. Plus as a registered nurse you can make as much as a PT or more (in Alberta at least). It also depends on the type of lifestyle you want. Nursing applications now have interviews too. I feel more excited for the future as being a nurse than when I was trying for PT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rrxxccooll said:

Ok. But will you choose dal if you are accepted?

I am evaluating my options right now, but most likely not so hopefully that will open up some space on the waitlist if I remove myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

I am evaluating my options right now, but most likely not so hopefully that will open up some space on the waitlist if I remove myself!

Do you know where I can take courses to improve my gpa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OTapplicant1 said:

Have any Atlantic residents still not heard back from Dal for OT..? I have received offers for schools outside of the Maritimes, but would ideally like to hear back from Dal before making my decision (as Dal is, or was, my first choice). Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat? Seems to be quite chaotic there.. 

Hi! I’m Atlantic and have not heard back from Dal either but have been accepted to UoA... Dal was always my first choice too to stay in the maritimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ABPT said:

From my experience, I applied to PT 3x in the past and was unsuccessful and am now pursuing nursing and I actually love it! There is so much you can do in nursing that I never realized. Plus as a registered nurse you can make as much as a PT or more (in Alberta at least). It also depends on the type of lifestyle you want. Nursing applications now have interviews too. I feel more excited for the future as being a nurse than when I was trying for PT.  

Hi, 

      Thanks for your response. I PM you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rrxxccooll said:

Do you know where I can take courses to improve my gpa?

Anywhere really! Some schools have an admission process where you need to go through a whole process and apply to take courses at their schools. But look for schools who have continuing education departments.

For example if you're in the GTA, Ryerson Chang School of Continuing Education and Guelph University Open Learning. I took an online course through Guelph's Open Learning this semester, I just had to pay for the course no long application process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

Anywhere really! Some schools have an admission process where you need to go through a whole process and apply to take courses at their schools. But look for schools who have continuing education departments.

For example if you're in the GTA, Ryerson Chang School of Continuing Education and Guelph University Open Learning. I took an online course through Guelph's Open Learning this semester, I just had to pay for the course no long application process.

Thanks. And if I don’t take it with a full course load, does it count towards gpa calculation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, JC9 said:

Hi! I’m Atlantic and have not heard back from Dal either but have been accepted to UoA... Dal was always my first choice too to stay in the maritimes

Yeah, it's a little confusing to me as it seems every other school in the country have responded to all applicants. Hopefully Kelly will respond to my email. I'll update if I hear about anything :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rrxxccooll said:

Thanks. And if I don’t take it with a full course load, does it count towards gpa calculation

It does for Ontario schools I think. But if you're applying to out of province check with them because they have rules (like it has to be a senior level course etc.). I know that McGill doesn't count courses at all after you complete your bachelor's degree. You should check with each school their requirements

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PTPTPT12345 said:

@OhBoyyyy @PikaPikaPTChu Can I ask which day you received your email that you were on the waitlist for UBC PT? I received mine on April 21. I have heard others got their waitlist offers on March 31. I think that the day you received your waitlist offer may have some relation to where you are on the list but I could be wrong. The wait is also killing me haha

I was put on the UBC PT waitlist April 2. I got off the waitlist on May 27th at 4pm. My friend was notified about being on the waitlist on March 31st  and yet, they are still waiting to hear back. I believe initial offers/waitlist notifications were sent in batches via alphabetical order, not by rankings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...