Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

1 hour ago, rrxxccooll said:

Do you know where I can take courses to improve my gpa?

I think dal only considers your GPA from your last 2 years of your 4 year undergrad. I could be wrong though. If you want to improve your pre-requisite course marks I know that Athabasca university offers online anatomy/physiology courses so I believe you could try that. I would check with dal first just to make sure though!

Anyone on Western's waitlist for OT - Did you receive an email stating where you were on the Waitlist? I haven't received any sort of email but on the Western Student Page it says "Waitlisted Accepted" Does anyone know who I could email to inquire about generally where I'm sitting on the waitlist? Thanks! 

Anyone have an idea of what the blended learning model will look like at Western this Fall? U of T sent a detailed letter about their covid response and they're having an online open house.. would be helpful to have some more details for Western ex. how many days a week we would be on campus. Wondering if anyone has contacted them so far?

36 minutes ago, GO(A)T said:

Anyone on Western's waitlist for OT - Did you receive an email stating where you were on the Waitlist? I haven't received any sort of email but on the Western Student Page it says "Waitlisted Accepted" Does anyone know who I could email to inquire about generally where I'm sitting on the waitlist? Thanks! 

Hi! I got an email from Western on Friday morning saying that I was in the upper third of the waitlist. I would email gradapps@uwo.ca to find out! 

27 minutes ago, newtoOT said:

Anyone have an idea of what the blended learning model will look like at Western this Fall? U of T sent a detailed letter about their covid response and they're having an online open house.. would be helpful to have some more details for Western ex. how many days a week we would be on campus. Wondering if anyone has contacted them so far?

What did UofT say? I believe Western will have lectures online/via Zoom and try to do as many labs/clinical classes in person in small groups. From Western's website: "We are also aiming for clinical programs, some undergraduate seminars and labs, and labs for research-based graduate students to be delivered in-person." Since PT/OT are clinical programs, I would assume they are included in this statement?

23 minutes ago, Soccerstar8 said:

What did UofT say? I believe Western will have lectures online/via Zoom and try to do as many labs/clinical classes in person in small groups. From Western's website: "We are also aiming for clinical programs, some undergraduate seminars and labs, and labs for research-based graduate students to be delivered in-person." Since PT/OT are clinical programs, I would assume they are included in this statement?

U of T will be completely online for Fall, and likely blended in Winter.

I joined the Western Virtual Open House today, and they mentioned that 25-30% of classes will be in person - but I'm thinking that might have been more general for undergraduates. Thank you so much for sharing that - I really hope so that it can be in-person!

29 minutes ago, newtoOT said:

I joined the Western Virtual Open House today, and they mentioned that 25-30% of classes will be in person - but I'm thinking that might have been more general for undergraduates. Thank you so much for sharing that - I really hope so that it can be in-person!

Hi, do you mind sharing where you found the information about UofT being fully online for the fall semester?  According to UofT's website they are planning for a mixed approach for the fall term and the generic "New Grad Student" letter sent out with their acceptance emails simply states that they are monitoring the situation and working on a plan for us to (hopefully) return to campus safely in the fall for some courses/components.  Was it specified that the OT program would be delivered entirely online?

36 minutes ago, newtoOT said:

Thanks for the info! Even for PT/OT? Wow....

32 minutes ago, smalltownpt said:

Hi, do you mind sharing where you found the information about UofT being fully online for the fall semester?  According to UofT's website they are planning for a mixed approach for the fall term and the generic "New Grad Student" letter sent out with their acceptance emails simply states that they are monitoring the situation and working on a plan for us to (hopefully) return to campus safely in the fall for some courses/components.  Was it specified that the OT program would be delivered entirely online?

Oh! Maybe it's different for OTs? - We received a welcome letter stating: We have made the difficult decision that all Term 1 courses for our incoming students will be held online. We can confirm that the MScOT Program is starting with initial academic orientation activities planned for September 1, 2020. We are planning for a hybrid educational model in Term 2 (some classes in person and some online) and anticipate notifying you by November 1, 2020 if this is going to change. Ontario’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic will continue to evolve as necessary. As soon as public health permits, we will resume in -person activities.

Can also be found here: https://ot.utoronto.ca/current/orientation/

5 hours ago, OTapplicant1 said:

Yeah, it's a little confusing to me as it seems every other school in the country have responded to all applicants. Hopefully Kelly will respond to my email. I'll update if I hear about anything :) 

Sounds good, thanks!!

1 hour ago, newtoOT said:

Where did you hear about the open house? I haven’t gotten any emails yet aside from the one that notified me about my offer of admission.

18 minutes ago, HayleyRS said:

Where did you hear about the open house? I haven’t gotten any emails yet aside from the one that notified me about my offer of admission.

Hi! I found it in this information sheet which was included in the acceptance e-mails (and also publically at the link mentioned above): https://ot.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Information-for-Incoming-Students-2020.pdf

"We are also holding an On-line Open House on Saturday June 6, 2020 to provide additional information about our program and a Q & A with faculty, staff and students. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to ot.studentservices@utoronto.ca by Wednesday June 3, 2020."

I received two e-mails: MSc OT at U of T Update, and Welcome from the OT Chair U of T

36 minutes ago, newtoOT said:

Hi! I found it in this information sheet which was included in the acceptance e-mails (and also publically at the link mentioned above): https://ot.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Information-for-Incoming-Students-2020.pdf

"We are also holding an On-line Open House on Saturday June 6, 2020 to provide additional information about our program and a Q & A with faculty, staff and students. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to ot.studentservices@utoronto.ca by Wednesday June 3, 2020."

I received two e-mails: MSc OT at U of T Update, and Welcome from the OT Chair U of T

Ohh, you had said Western Virtual Open House so I thought Western University had one! I misunderstood. 

31 minutes ago, HayleyRS said:

Ohh, you had said Western Virtual Open House so I thought Western University had one! I misunderstood. 

Ohh I'm sorry! *facepalm*  I had mentioned the U of T Open House in an earlier post and got mixed up. There was indeed a Western Virtual Open House today about returning to campus (general, not OT specific) - you can find it on the Western Facebook page. I didn't find it all that informative though for us. I think I had come across it through Facebook or on the website, not by e-mail.

hi guys, i provisionally accepted an offer for an OT program and was wondering if once it becomes firm on the 21st of June, will I still be on the waitlist for the PT programs i was waitlisted for? (im assuming yes because its a different program but im not too sure)