Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

1 hour ago, IslandPTgal said:

I just got an offer from Western for PT :)  I was upper third on the waitlist

Congrats! I'm getting super anxious/excited hearing western and queens pt waitlists are getting contacted! Hopefully I get one to, I'm on the western waitlist (upper third) and queens waitlist, fingers crossed!  

I have just received the email from Western OT and have been accepted off the waitlist (I was in the upper third)! I plan on moving to London in the fall so if anyone is looking for a roommate, feel free to PM me! I am a 23 year old male and an all male or co-ed house with people who are also in OT or another graduate program would be preferred. 

52 minutes ago, OT-InTheMaking-2020 said:

I havent! Are you going to accept if you make it off? 

I'm most likely going to accept if they do make an offer. I got accepted into Queen's but since I live in Toronto, I felt that it might be better for me to attend UofT since my financial situation isn't great right now. How about you? Are you waiting on the UofT OT list? Good luck to the both of us in getting into our ideal programs!

For those going to Western OT next year, they posted this onto their website:

Lectures will be front loaded in the term and delivered solely online - both asynchronously and synchronously as pedagogy/content permits. Although the majority of our instruction will be online, there are essential learning objectives in our Occupational Therapy program that cannot be achieved without in-person instruction.

Students entering the first year of the program should plan to be on campus for labs from December 2, 2020 through the end of the term (approximately December 20, 2020). For incoming first-year students, we are currently in the planning stages of developing online orientation activities.

4 hours ago, OT_K said:

I'm most likely going to accept if they do make an offer. I got accepted into Queen's but since I live in Toronto, I felt that it might be better for me to attend UofT since my financial situation isn't great right now. How about you? Are you waiting on the UofT OT list? Good luck to the both of us in getting into our ideal programs!

Hopefully! If i hear anything, Ill definitely let the forum know :)

Hi guys, I got off the waitlist for Western PT. I was just wondering if we accept via email ,will that count as a firm acceptance or provisional? Im on the waitlist for UoT PT as well and would prefer to go there due to the location. Hoping that its only a provisional as i most likely will accept the offer with the hopes of getting an offer from UoT by the end of the week. But does anyone have any information about this?

21 minutes ago, David23 said:

Hi guys, I got off the waitlist for Western PT. I was just wondering if we accept via email ,will that count as a firm acceptance or provisional? Im on the waitlist for UoT PT as well and would prefer to go there due to the location. Hoping that its only a provisional as i most likely will accept the offer with the hopes of getting an offer from UoT by the end of the week. But does anyone have any information about this?

Just don't accept vis ORPAS then. Once you accept on ORPAS, you're taking off the waitlist at U of T.